IT.COM

question Beginner portfolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Aural

Impact
I do occasional website projects that can be surpassed on the to-do list if another idea comes to mind.
Is there any sense in holding onto unused domains from those?

Currently, I have for example these that I thought were nice to use for my own projects. Of course, it is difficult to say how others see them and their value.

vrnaut.com
betaide.com

Both are now listed on Afternic for 99 dollars. Yet is there any real reason to believe those could be found on for example Afternic by someone? Since if I search for 'VR' on Afternic's and GoDaddy's front page it only brings up either VR.something or only a couple keyword VR + something having domains. So probably most of the listings are not seen even if someone searches for the keyword they have.

Therefore Afternic what I thought would be the easiest and most popular way to sell domains does not sound like a very active marketplace. Without paid promotion at least. Or a straightforward way to sell in that you would at least get some eyes on the domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not a pro but only hold onto keyword names. Needs 20000 monthly traffic or not interested. Extension needs to match the target audience and keywords. Other more experience members can advise you if your names are valuable/brandable. Whatever you do don't renew out of sentimentality. They are just names. You don't own them and they shouldn't own you.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back