NameSilo

Before you start domaining, make sure you're ready

Labeled as tips in Domain Beginners started by Not a robot, Oct 28, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Not a robot

Not a robot Established Member

When you start domaining, make sure you register an account at every major platform.

Learned my lesson the hard way.

I only got into domaining recently when I discovered a .com domain I always wanted was on an auction. Trouble was, the auction was ending in less than 24 hours, and I had to go through many verification steps, and prayed that my account would be verified on a Saturday. I was lucky and did get the domain.

If that didn't teach me, I got another lesson today. A superb domain for our business was on auction at NJ. When I learnt about it, it was ending in 2 days. I waited until there was 18 hr left (didn't want to do anything on a weekend), registered an account and got it approved. Then I tried entering information for one credit card. I had frequent issue with that card in online purchase in the past (damn you, W***S F***O), and I had the same problem this time. After several attempts, I am blocked for one day. In the end, a domain I was willing to pay for $1,500 was sold, for less than $300!

I hope the domain wasn't snatched by a competitor and would have another chance.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. lock

lock PremiumNameDomain.com VIP

I can actually say I have missed out on things due to not being fully prepared also. With processes and delays discovering auctions too late is a real thing. I often leave good names behind anyway due to reaching my limit of what I can manage.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  3. Rattyfish

Rattyfish Established Member

Great advice. Could you provide a top 10 for a newbie? I'm on:

Dynadot (my main for no particular reason)
    Namejet
    Godaddy
    Namebright

4. Josytal

Josytal Top Member VIP

NameSilo
    Epik
    NameCheap
    Network Solution (NetSol)
    etc.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice