Not open for further replies.

Patri

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

Could you please appraise these two names: montaiguvendee.com bazougers.com

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You might have to ask the people living there for a honest "appraisal". Keyword domain, but long. $500

Last edited:
•••
I don't see the significance in either domain. Little value for both, IMO

•••
I don't see the significance in either domain. Little value for both, IMO
they are communes in france, can they have value ?

Last edited:
•••
they are communes in france, can they have value ?

Oh, when I saw bazougers , I thought this would be an adult domain.

The value depends on the interest of the name, even if the are communes.

•••
Hello and welcome to the forums.

These two have very little value in my opinion. Maybe worth low $xxx to some rich guy born there as a collectable to show-off at parties.

What I always ask myself in case of geo domain names is what type of site could be built on the given name. Take Bazougers.com for example. Sure you or a potential buyer could put up an informational site about the commune, but you have to take into account that it is not touristically significant, has a population of around 1,000 and receives about the same amount of searches per month. So even if you could capture all the interest and serve one thousand visitors a month, how much revenue will you be making and how will you be making it? Ads? - would make less than $10 in a month. Sponsorships from local businesses? - how many local businesses have the money and are willing to advertise on your site? My guess would be zero as the place in question is so small and has nothing really interesting to show.
The economic backing power is just not there to make it worthwhile for any serious website developer or business, rendering the domain name practically worthless.

Just to make sure I don't leave Montaigu-Vendée out (which has a larger population and is more significant), Montaigu.com or Montaigu.fr would be far more desired for any developer looking to put up a site in my opinion. For perspective, Montaigu.com is worth mid $x,xxx to the right buyer in my view. Montaiguvendee.com is long, has many alternatives available and "Montaigu" is the way people usually search for and refer to that region thereby practically diminishing the value of having Montaiguvendee.com.

And there is the question of alternatives. Someone actually specifically looking to build a site about these communes could easily do it on MontaiguVendee.net/.org or Bazougers.info for example. Sure, these extensions are not that majestic as the .com equivalent but the potential buyers you are looking to target could get these for under $10 anytime and I doubt that the .com would be much of a boost for any purpose considering that we are talking about France here where .fr is the king no doubt, especially if building sites for a domestic audience.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back