IT.COM

question Baskeat/com - Brandable or not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ankit Singla

Established Member
Impact
Recently I bought Baskeat/com and have two quick questions regarding this:

1. Is it a brandable domain name?
2. If so, what kind of brandable it is (invented or blended)?

I bought it because it sounds like "Basket" and has the word "eat" in it. Might be a good name for a food delivery service or a grocery store. What's your take on it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
An amazing domain name easy to remeber, brandable domain and so more. 1341 dollars is the estimate value of the domain on godaddy. it is a 6 words premium domain name with .com extension full form (product and insurance info of car) it is best for the car. you can use it for car insurance or its product niche or you can use it as a brand name paiioc.com which is quit interesting. Bid your best price and feel free to contact me for the discussion.

Thank you

•••
Thanks for your feedback, @Saqib00001. I did not get how this domain name can be used for car insurance? For me, it's related to the food industry. No?

•••
As I think deeper about this domain, I am getting thoughts from 2 angles. Good and Bad.

1. I liked this domain; it is short, crisp, to the point, and sounds like a really nice brandable. I can think of a Food delivery company; grocery delivery company; or software for the food industry like delivery, tracking, inventory management; it can also be a fitness diet sort of app or something like that as they can spend the money to acquire a premium domain. As the covid scenarios have been going around for more than 1.5 years; the emergence of Covid Commerce seems to support your domain name.

2. Food is a thing where I feel there might be a lot of mom and pop shops or something similar that might not have a budget to spend on a premium food based domain. There are definitely companies like Dominos (dominos.com), PizzaHut (PizzaHut.com), BurgerKing (bk.com), etc. but their domain names are somewhat different categories.

But that is just my thought, there might be more than this to the domain; who knows it might mean something totally different.

Last edited:
•••
Your thinking is definitely on the right track. And you are right; it’s a blended name where the first word also had the last two letter omitted.

however, if you look closely at the two words; Basket (noun) + Eat (verb) = Eating a Basket? Do you see what I mean here?

I believe the thought process was right, but the choice of grammatical connotations in this particular case does not work well.

•••
With mixed feeling domains, the one person that does the difference is the buyer. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

I've seen worse domain sold. However, not so frequently.

You have to try it out.

•••
Sorry to disagree, but think about how easy it will be to pronounce, remember and spell this name. For EN markets I think this name is of limited or zero value.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back