Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Bad Letter Thread

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

martinisky

Established Member
Impact
47
Hey guys,
I'm super green when it comes to this domaining thing but I was curious about 'bad letters.' From the posts I have read X and Y and Q seem to be considered 'bad.' Why is this? Is it just because of pronunciation? And how many letters are overall considered 'bad?' Is there a general rule? Are there letters that are the cream of the crop such as vowels A and O? Just trying to figure out the whole 'good letter vs. bad letter' thing.

Thanks all!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
I think it has to do with what the letters can stand for in short domain names.

IBM.com is really good because it could stand for a number of other things than what we now expect. XYQ.com is probably never going to "stand" for anything...
 
0
•••
0
•••
Thank you very much, that helps a lot.
Very interesting.
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back