Dynadot

B8 vs Flame

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So I found this on a yt doc about Neanderthals
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIXQNSgyw44"]Neanderthals: Human Extinction | BBC Documentary | Animal & Nature - YouTube[/ame]

The doc was weak, but I love a good flame war... and I appreciate a good B8er even more... kinda hard to keep it in sync, but you'll get the gist.
.JINETELARGO 5 days ago

If Neanderthals and Modern Humans crossbred, (and it appears they did) and produced offspring then the offspring should benefit from the effects of heterosis,.(hybrid vigor) shouldn't they?

.JINETELARGO 1 month ago

83.4% (+or - 3%) of people presented with facts from Scientists believe them to be correct. 67.3% (+or - 3%) of all "scientific facts" are made up on the spot. That means that 75.35% (+or - 3%) of science is really superstition making Scientists the Priests of the superstition/religion of Science. Science is the new Religion! You are religious, but you call it Science. A negative can NOT be proved using scientific method, If I'm wrong you can't scientifically prove it! ONE pane, or maybe pain.

.Hector Borges 2 weeks ago

what are you babbling about? science is what has made our world today possible. Its because of science that we can cure diseases and build our own homes instead of living in caves, science is just a tool to figure out problems in our world. I really dont understand your point it makes no sense.

.JINETELARGO 2 weeks ago

You are insulting without cause and I don't suffer fools well so pay attention!
Science = Good.
Theory = Guessing.
Empirical Science = experiment & observation not theory.
Empirical Science only proves that something exists.
Empirical Science can't prove a negative. If a things not there it can't be tested or observed.
Statistics are easily manipulated, as I did, to "prove" anything.
Fools (you?) accept statistics as fact sans checking so they have foolish faith/religion and call it Science.

.Hector Borges 1 week ago

I never said i accepted statistics as facts, i accept what can be tested as fact. There is absolutely no reason for me to believe something exists unless it manifest itself in our reality in some way.

.JINETELARGO 1 week ago

Then we agree. And thank you for the respectful reply.

But one thing i dont agree with is that you said science is the new religion and that the scientists were priests. I dont agree with that because, when a scientist says something he has to prove it, and anyone can repeat his experiment and see if he is correct or not. When a priest says something how can he be proven wrong? When a priest claims a miracle how can it be proven wrong, the subjects are forced to accept it. Science is based on facts and the interpretation of facts. ( continuing )

.JINETELARGO 1 week ago

Again you misunderstand. If you believe everything a Scientist, (or teacher) tells you without checking it out yourself then you have just crossed into the religion of Science. That's part of the point of the statistics that I made up earlier.
Also, it's not "new." because part of Science's historic roots is in Religion. Gregor Mendel an Augustinian friar and Scientist founded the Science of Genetics. Sir Issac Newton lectured and wrote extensively on biblical chronology at Cambridge too

I dont believe everything a scientist tells me that would go against the very principle of science.

.JINETELARGO 1 week ago

So do you accept something a Scientist tells you sans proof? Do you accept what they say only if they offer proof? What about Global Warming? Some Scientists say statistics prove Global Warming. In Alaska there is a lottery over when the Tanana River ice breaks up in Spring and this year (2013) a new record was set for the latest ever. Google "Nenana Ice Classic Tripod Latest-Ever" Statistics show last 10 years have cooled. Do you believe in warming? Do you believe "have faith in" what they say?

I have never given enough thought to global warming, i have heard claims that its true and claims that it inst, id have to do some research and see the evidence of both sides to draw my conclusion, i dont have enough knowledge on the subject to feel comfortable giving an answer.

.Janusha 1 week ago

This is a very wrong attitude. Global warming, aswell as evolution and all other kinds of science, ISNT up to your opinion. There are hundreds of thousands of professionals out there doing very real research on this. Regardless of what you choose to believe or not believe.
So.... Feeling comfortable and evaluating the evidence, by you personally, is completely arbitrary, redundant and irrelevant. You dont get any medals for believing in reality. MOST americans seem to not have understood this.

Im not saying global warming isn't true or that it is true all im saying is i have not done enough research to understand it clear enough to feel comfortable saying ok it is true for sure or no it inst true.Id have to see the proof that the scientists have to see if i am convinced. Most likely they are right and it is true but i am not just going to accept it blindly simply because they say so. That would make me no different than religious people, accepting what ever they are told by priests

.Janusha 1 week ago

Again... Its not up to you to climb glaciers and compare tests over a 20 year period, traveling the world comparing findings to tens of thousands of other researchers inorder to fully understand global events. Nobody is expecting this of you.
See... While a staggeringly low 14% of americans will say they "believe" in evolution, only 4-5% of americans are willing to accept it without adding any form of "belief" to it. You get no medals for "believing" reality. Its not a question of having FAITH.

I never said i was going to conduct the experiments myself,i simply meant to see the experiments that have already been done and to see the opinions of different scientists.Global warming exists obviously, but its effects and causes are what is not 100 percent certain( unless new discoveries have been made that i am not aware of). I have never paid much attention to the global warming issue, because frankly there are much more serious problems we face today.

.Janusha 1 week ago

So you will read research and empirically compare the results of decades of thousands of tests before choosing to agree or disagree with global events?
You MAY belong to the kind of people who think evolution or... REALITY... as we call it, is a matter of personal opinion. An alternative to religion. Requiring the same kind of FAITH and BELIEF, just in something else. A more modern religion. If you think there are other, more serious issues going on, you will not have understood any of this.

All i said is that i am not familiar with the research done one global warming, i never really cared about it. It might be true or it might not, i simply dont know enough about it to argue with someone on the internet about if its true or not. If i dont feel like i have enough facts to defend my position about a subject then id rather say i dont know about it rather than argue. If i say its true and they ask my why and i cant answer it than id rather say i dont know instead.

.Janusha 1 week ago

Come on... Its 2013. To say you are not familiar with the evidence, is like saying you didnt know smoking is bad for you. Its common knowledge for decades. What more do you need. Do you know EXACTLY how every part in cars are made before you can drive one? Before you can accept cars?
Does everybody have to have full access to all knowledge before they can "know" anything? Before you can apply logic and reason? If 10 000 scientists all got it "wrong" what are the chances of you getting it right.

okay.. your right i was just being stubborn.

.Janusha 6 days ago

Quite.

.Janusha 1 week ago

Global warming... Isnt up to your personal belief. CHOOSING to not believe it, doesnt make it go away. There are tens of thousands of scientists out there in many different fields and what they find, has got no relation to what you like to believe or not believe in.
If you dont understand these things. Its probably best to let other people deal with it.

.JINETELARGO 1 week ago

Another who jumps to insult without cause! I don't suffer fools well so pay attention!
87.4% (+or - 5%) of those presented with statistics accept them as fact sans research. 67.3% (+or - 5%) of all statistics are made up. That means that 79.35% (+or - 5%) of science is wrong. Global temps consist totally of statistics of which 79.35% (+or - 5%) are proven above incorrect! Check my math if you think I'm wrong. And CHOOSING to believe doesn't make it true either. Make me the fool, not yourself.

.Janusha 1 week ago

Evolution isnt some alternative belief system. FAITH and BELIEF, personal OPINION, doesnt necessarily apply. You cant simply choose away global events even tho this seems to be the american way when it comes to the economy, fiscal cliffs, hell even environmental changes. Because... Accepting liability, fault or responsibility, isnt big over there.
If perchance I have offended, think but this and all is mended: We`ll all be 10 minutes back in time for all the chance you`ll change your mind.

.JINETELARGO 1 week ago

So, you ARE a fool.
Global temp trends are statistics and are easily manipulated to "prove" anything to weak minded fools, (like you) who accept all statistics as fact and make assumptions like I'm an American absent primary research.
Really? Tim Minchin a pop entertainer. You steal a quote from him? Tim intends to offend, as do you. He's good enough at it that he makes money doing it, you crude graceless imbecile, you're not.
If perchance I have offended, think but this; tis all intended!

.Janusha 1 week ago

Yes... Everything is FAITH and BELIEF based in the US. People simply opt out, choose not to believe in things that are difficult to grasp. Do you think its up to YOUR personal discretion to verify 10 000 researchers work over decades?. Such staggering arrogance. Americans apply this creationist rhetoric to the economy, debts, inequality, religion, and even... The environment.
And quoting isnt "stealing" Its originally from Shakespeares Midsummer Nights Dream.

.JINETELARGO 1 week ago

I see now that you must be right. Yes, of course I see now that you must be right and I won't waste any more of your time . . . or mine.

.Janusha 1 week ago

This is called the Dunning-Kruger effect.
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes. In other words... Its impossible to tell a creationist about evolution. Its impossible to tell the pope there is no god. Its impossible to tell the head of GM they went bankrupt because they made the wrong cars for 3 decades. Its a very lonely world when you have a high IQ.

.JINETELARGO 1 week ago

Yes, not recognizing one's own incompetence does lead to an inflated ego.
Again, you MUST always be right, and I'm very certain that it MUST have nothing to do with a narcissistic personality. I'm also sorry that you are burdened with the loneliness caused by your super high IQ, yes, I absolutely agree that your IQ is part of the reason ppl avoid you. I agree with you because you MUST be right and that combined with your intelligence for sure and for certain has me wanting to avoid you.

.Janusha 1 week ago

I also have an exceptionally large penis, if that might provoke you further... Some people...

.JINETELARGO 1 week ago

It's not often that one sees Dunning–Kruger (or not recognizing one's own incompetence leading to an inflated ahh . . . ego) and narcissism (or an exceptional interest in and admiration for yourself) all wrapped up in one inflated organ. I'm sure it's as large as your IQ, but I'm not really interested. Maybe you can show your huge IQ and that other thing to your mother?

.Henning Joubert 5 days ago

For someone who doesn't believe in unproven theories you sure are quick to use them to your own benefit in an argument. You're talking about too many things that you don't know enough about (see: your opinion about gravity).

.JINETELARGO 5 days ago

You're right. There is nothing that I know enough about, and there are many who know much more about everything than I. I incorrectly stated, "Newtons Laws are NOT THEORIES!" What I meant was the existence of gravity is not a theory. There's undoubtedly many more mistakes that I've made and am too ignorant to find. Please feel free to show me.
It's true that I don't accept theories as fact, I also don't discount theories, as they are the best explanations available until better is found.

.Janusha 1 week ago

This is called the Dunning-Kruger effect.
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes. In other words... Its impossible to tell a creationist about evolution. Its impossible to tell the pope there is no god. Its impossible to tell the head of GM they went bankrupt because they made the wrong cars for 3 decades. Its a very lonely world when you have a high IQ.

.JINETELARGO 1 week ago

Yes, not recognizing one's own incompetence does lead to an inflated ego.
Again, you MUST always be right, and I'm very certain that it MUST have nothing to do with a narcissistic personality. I'm also sorry that you are burdened with the loneliness caused by your super high IQ, yes, I absolutely agree that your IQ is part of the reason ppl avoid you. I agree with you because you MUST be right and that combined with your intelligence for sure and for certain has me wanting to avoid you.

.Janusha 1 week ago

I also have an exceptionally large penis, if that might provoke you further... Some people...

.JINETELARGO 1 week ago

It's not often that one sees Dunning–Kruger (or not recognizing one's own incompetence leading to an inflated ahh . . . ego) and narcissism (or an exceptional interest in and admiration for yourself) all wrapped up in one inflated organ. I'm sure it's as large as your IQ, but I'm not really interested. Maybe you can show your huge IQ and that other thing to your mother?

.Janusha 6 days ago

Oh my mother wouldnt be interested. She doesnt even know where I live. I am a slightly overbearing intellectual who doesnt easily give in to tired one-liners, if you must label it. As such, I will offer a hollow truce:
You are more than welcome to "win" if it really means that much to you.

.JINETELARGO 6 days ago

An appeal for pity followed by 3 veiled insults? You began with insults and I warned you that I don't suffer fools well. Then proclaimed yourself to be an "Intellectual" with a large ... organ. You claim that you are better than all others and me specifically, now you want to withdraw but your feckless offer contains insults?
If you were truly an intellectual you would show noesis enough to allow others their own ideas & dignity. But you don't therefor aren't. Run along you narcissistic fool!

.Janusha 6 days ago

Really? After all that, a fool? An appeal for pity?
Nothing provokes more than a high IQ, a large cock and loads of money. Basically things that come in short supply is frowned upon when flaunted. Also once you put a number on things, you are naturally seen as boldly claiming the higher ground. I posess 2 out of the 3 and make no appologies about it. Which is where the "slightly overbearing" part comes in. Im FAR less concerned with dignity and pride. You need to uphold those yourself.

.JINETELARGO 5 days ago

And still they gazed, and still the wonder grew, that one small head could carry all he knew. (by Oliver Goldsmith)
In the quote above you'll discover multiple leanings; know just this; in the earthier dwells my meaning.
For a fool will brag because he wants' but when one has then he need.not flaunt. (by Jinete Largo)

.Janusha 6 days ago

Really? After all that, a fool? An appeal for pity?
Nothing provokes more than a high IQ, a large cock and loads of money. Basically things that come in short supply is frowned upon when flaunted. Also once you put a number on things, you are naturally seen as boldly claiming the higher ground. I posess 2 out of the 3 and make no appologies about it. Which is where the "slightly overbearing" part comes in. Im FAR less concerned with dignity and pride. You need to uphold those yourself.

RemoveReport profile imageFlag for spamBlock UserUnblock User
.Janusha 5 days ago

Yeah well... I did university in England. That doesnt make me a Brit. Infact... I made damn sure of that. A very deliberate choice. Hence I can flaunt, brag and charm without the British guilt, appologetics and endless, limpwristed, handbagging. Free of the perpetual consideration that comes with it.
Many new words there. Here is another one. The dutch have a great word for it. "swaffelen" Which, when you look it up, is meant to reflect more of a persona than the actual act.

Peace,
Cy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back