Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

HK123

Established Member
Impact
Hi!

B/o/n/u/s/c/a/s/h /net - What do you think about this domain?

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
If it were a .com name then you might have something of value. As a .net name, you're going to be very hard-pressed to sell it. Put a BIN on it in the low XXX range and see what happens. You can re-evaluate at renewal time.

My first problem with the name is that, although the term returns a ton of Google results, none of them are for businesses with the term "bonus cash" in their name. What this tells me is that the term, as a domain name, is best-suited for hosting a promotional or lead-gen site. And I think not having the .com for that type of name almost kills your chances of a sale.

My personal experience with two word .net names tells me that if you want a chance of selling, you need to own a name that's in use by multiple companies and in multiple extensions. This tells you that the name is in high demand... if it's in high demand, and people can't buy the .com or their relevant ccTLD, then buyers may turn to your .net name.

In addition, names with a tech focus seem to be more popular in .net. I believe I've sold 8 two-word .net names, and 6 of them had a tech focus. And we're not talking crazy sales... all were in the $200 to $700 range.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back