Dynadot

available Available "WEB" Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rdurham

Established Member
Impact
This is my first list of Available Domains - Original List Removed.

While the original list used Olympics as the first word, I don't think there could have been legal issues, unless you named a particular Olympic game specifically. But better safe.

The term "WEB" is the Number 1 searched term on the Internet. These Domains were available at the time of this post.

DomesticWeb.com – A specific Country perhaps
PermanentWeb.com
PicturePerfectWeb.com
LifelongWeb.com
SpeedwayWeb.com
PlaytimeWeb.com – Could be a gaming site
OverallWeb.com
AmericasBestWeb.com – This name says it all.
DiscreteWeb.com – All kinds of possibilities here.

Here's Some more added 12-13-13

LifelongWeb.com
BadBoyWeb.com
PatrioticWeb.com
FourStarWeb.com
OpenAirWeb.com
JunkyardWeb.com
ClearChoiceWeb.com
InnerCityWeb.com (New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc.)
SenateWeb.com (Political)

Let me know if you register any - thanks
LRD

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Stay away from "Olympic" names; the Olympic committee has trademarked the term and is aggressive in defending its mark.

The registrant of any of these names is buying legal trouble.

OP would do well to remove these names.

•••
I like DomesticWeb - maybe one day countries (tired of being spied on by the US) will have their own private webs?

•••
Thanks Z. I kind of like that one also.

•••
This is my first list of Available Domains - Original List Removed.

While the original list used Olympics as the first word, I don't think there could have been legal issues, unless you named a particular Olympic game specifically. But better safe.

The term "WEB" is the Number 1 searched term on the Internet. These Domains were available at the time of this post.

DomesticWeb.com – A specific Country perhaps
PermanentWeb.com
PicturePerfectWeb.com
LifelongWeb.com
SpeedwayWeb.com
PlaytimeWeb.com – Could be a gaming site
OverallWeb.com
AmericasBestWeb.com – This name says it all.
DiscreteWeb.com – All kinds of possibilities here.

Let me know if you register any - thanks
LRD

You'd better get yourself educated on the use of well-known trademarked terms -- and fast.

The Olympic committee is AGGRESSIVE in defending its mark, and some newbies have found this out in a most unpleasant manner.

Another term to avoid in domain names: Realtor. Many people mistakenly believe this is a generic term, when, in fact, it is a trademarked brand developed by a group of real estate agents.

Read the Newbie threads here and other domain forums before jumping in this industry head first -- and before registering a bunch of iffy domains.

:)

•••
Thank you for the second scolding Ms Domainer. The last thing anyone with integrity wants is to post something that is trade marked. It is indeed a learning experience for me. I am reading and observing the actions of seasoned Domainers such as yourself, in hopes of one day having both as much knowledge and as much respect as you have. Forgive my eagerness to contribute something to this forum that would help someone new like myself.

Respectfully,
LRD

•••
Thank you for the second scolding Ms Domainer. The last thing anyone with integrity wants is to post something that is trade marked. It is indeed a learning experience for me. I am reading and observing the actions of seasoned Domainers such as yourself, in hopes of one day having both as much knowledge and as much respect as you have. Forgive my eagerness to contribute something to this forum that would help someone new like myself.

Respectfully,
LRD

I was "scolding" you for your own good, LRD, and for the good of other new domainers who come here with big ideas and scant knowledge of how this industry works.

You got "scolded" a second time because you erroneously blew off the fact that Olympic domains invite trouble, especially if they are parked and show ads related to the Olympics, even if the name is not exactly related to particular games.

This third "scolding" is for anyone who thinks that it's okay to register Olympic names and slap them on ppc pages and reap the rewards without risking the wrath of the Olympic Committee.

At best, your domain could be taken away; at worst, you risk a $100,000 fine per infraction. Better another domainer to take a hard line with you than a deep-pocket trademark holder wanting to make an example of you.

To all new domainers: you can save yourself money and grief by reading up on this industry, which has a rather large learning curve and several pitfalls. Even experienced domainers can fall into unexpected traps in this ever-changing industry and ever-changing UDRP and WIPO rules.

You aren't the first person to jump on this forum without adequate preparation, and you won't be the last.

Whenever I can, I like to help new members, but I won't couch my words in flowery language, especially when new members post "landmine" domains for other newbies to trip over. I cringe when I see these types of names because I was a newbie once, and in the beginning I did register some questionable names. I was fortunate, but the biz was different when I started -- a lot looser -- and I'm glad I missed a few bullets in my registrations. But the noose is tightening now and the legal bar is set higher than ever.

Heck, I even question long-term members if they post an available domain that could pose legal difficulties for less experience domainers.

Don't get me wrong, I welcome you here on Namepros -- we always need new blood -- but you also need to read the newbie threads here and the industry domain blogs.

See domain aggregators Namebee.com and Domaining.com.

Dnjournal.com offers some articles for beginning domainers.

•••
Thank you very much.

Regards,
LRD

•••
Thanks for sharing, didn't take any though.
Ms Domainer is right on the realtor & olympics TMs - avoid using these strings in domain names :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back