IT.COM

Automatic forwarding of new domains?

NameSilo
Watch
Hello,

I would like to set up a process where I can automatically forward NEW domains (ones that I just buy now, let's say - I don't have them yet) to other existing domains that I already have (they exist).

And I would like to do this in large scale.

So let's say I own google.com and yahoo.com (and 100 other search-related domains). I will buy a new domain every day, like bestsearchengine.com or fastersearches.com (just examples) and each day when I buy a new domain like these examples I want to just forward it immediately to one of my 100 search engines (...once again, for instance).

It would be great if I can have a spreadsheet for instance (like a database table) where I have one column of new domains and then the next column where I type in which domain that should point to.

What I would like to avoid is going into my registrar every single time when I buy a new domain to manually select "domain forwarding" options etc.

Is there a way to do this automatically?

Any help would be hugely appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I understood correctly, you may need to have default configuration setup with your domain registrar to automatically apply to the new domains.
We, for instance have such feature available under our reseller clients' interface, so you have fields you write default A records or default nameservers and every new domain is automatically forwarded to these default records. Then you have to configure your host to forward if necessary to the appropriate site/domain if necessary.

•••
Well there are a few ways, none are one click solutions. You can add them in cpanel and forward. You could even code a small php script that adds your domains in bulk via a textarea form and it could import into a cpanel account and forward. Hmmm this might be a good idea for one of my free scripts at one of my sites.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back