Dynadot

advice Auction Protocol Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SeaLink

Established Member
Impact
Hello all. I'd like to do a reality check and would appreciate some feedback about proper auction protocol with regards to domains @FlippaDomains . I was in Credit Trading for much of my life and while you'd think that the mechanics of a transaction would have similar terminology & protocol, its often not the case.

I was bidding in an auction on Flippa and I had the high bid when I was called-away to take care of something else. The Seller had posted a BIN that was much higher than my highest, and I decided not to reach, but to keep my bid the same. That's when I left.

With just a couple of minutes remaining, it seems the Seller posted a BIN lower than my high bid & someone lifted his offering. The name sold to someone for a price that was LOWER than my existing bid.

To me this seems wrong.... In any other legitimate/fair marketplace this would not fly. That being said, I'm open to hearing that I'm incorrect.

Thanks for your feedback.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back