IT.COM

status-resolved Auction holder closing thread??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainGist

BigDomains.co.ukTop Member
Impact
So I won an auction.

Seller deletes all information, closes the thread to any other replies, does not message me.

Does this happen a lot? Obviously he wasn't happy with losing the domain for $13 or something....

https://www.namepros.com/threads/closed.1053270/

What do I do now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oh, looking at those times... perhaps I didn't win? Seems odd, how would I have stumbled across that 3 days after it finished? I only look at the first couple of pages of 'Buy domains' at any one time :xf.confused::xf.confused::xf.confused:

Last edited:
•••
Can somebody tell me whether it shows publicly if a post has been edited?

E.g. in this post here.... if those words had been added at a later date, would it say "edited on... xxxx"?

I'm struggling to understand why I've placed a bid on an auction which finished 3 days earlier, and I'm a bit paranoid about this to be honest.

@domainstab - Could you just confirm that you won this auction for $12 and completed on the transaction? If you did then my bad, I've got confused somewhere. Domain was B*****S*******g.com

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.PNG

•••
Report it to mods and let them look into it

•••
Can somebody tell me whether it shows publicly if a post has been edited?

It will publicly show if a post was edited. I think the only exception may be edits made within a certain time frame (assuming within 60 seconds). Meaning, I think you can edit a comment within the first minute, and an edit history won't be publicly shown. If the edit occurs after one minute of being posted, then it will show as edited.

@domainstab - Could you just confirm that you won this auction for $12 and completed on the transaction? If you did then my bad, I've got confused somewhere. Domain was B*****S*******g.com

The winning username [@DomainStab] was recently mentioned in an article HERE. The article suggests the possibility of @domainstab being apart of some sort of shill bidding ring.

•••
Seller deletes all information, closes the thread to any other replies, does not message me.

Sometimes you can find deleted threads still cached somewhere.

The below image is from google cache. The last edit: 19 minutes ago would be from whenever the auction was cached, obviously not really 19 minutes ago. I believe the edit in the below screenshot relates to the BIN of $19 being added.

upload_2017-12-28_20-38-22.png

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, looks like I did bid on a finished auction then.

Actually looking at the dates, it is possible that the auction was on the first few pages / first five perhaps, because this place would have been VERY quiet on Christmas day and boxing day.

•••
WOW, just read that link.

Just WOW!

•••
I've bid on one of his names..... now, why isn't this being spotted by Namepros? They used to be hot on this type of stuff.

Is there a thread on here about this shill bidding? Namepros really need to comment on that, because otherwise it looks like they turn a blind eye as long as somebody is paying them (6/7 x business account subscriptions?).

Thing is... take away his auctions and the auctions section would be really quiet. I've come back to domaining after 2 years and was surprised how quiet the auction section is (and the whole forum actually).

•••
I'm having trouble understanding this cache date..

via google...
upload_2017-12-28_20-51-14.png

But when I click the link, it directs me to the auction you had bid on which shows a December 4th, 2017 date. I assume the google cache date is incorrect? Unless, there was a previous thread merged into the current thread? IDK. :-/

upload_2017-12-28_20-53-32.png

•••
Well I wasn't in love with the domain anyway, just got a strange feeling so wanted to raise it.

But I was about to up my bid on Pr**fTh*t.com, and I'm not going to now.

Last edited:
•••
It looks like domainstab won the auction.
Because your bid was way too late. From the look of it, looks normal, some people bid on auctions which ended due to time duration.

-Seems normal according to auction rules and time of bidding.

•••
It looks like domainstab won the auction.
Because your bid was way too late. From the look of it, looks normal, some people bid on auctions which ended due to time duration.

-Seems normal according to auction rules and time of bidding.

Yes it looks like I've just bid on an auction which was finished, my mistake.

But it also looks like DomainStab is part of a shill bidding ring, and no transfer of the domain ownership actually took place.

Does the "update date" change when a domain changes hands, even when pushed from Godaddy to Godaddy? Pretty sure it does?

aaaaaaaaaaaaa.PNG

May need to dodge namepros auctions for a while.

Last edited:
•••
But it also looks like DomainStab is part of a shill bidding ring, and no transfer of the domain ownership actually took place.

I just reported the accounts mentioned in the linked article.

Just want to say the seller @Domain Agent wasn't mentioned in the article. So it is possible the seller wasn't part of it, and @domainstab is just a non-payer? Which would explain why the WHOIS didn't change.

Last edited:
•••
May need to dodge namepros auctions for a while.

IMO, NP does a better job than other domain auction sites. Point blank, NamePros allows you to research the account history of other bidders, and the seller. Not sure if there is a more transparent place to bid on domains than here...

•••
I just reported the accounts mentioned in the linked article.

Just want to say the seller @Domain Agent wasn't mentioned in the article. So it is possible the seller wasn't part of it, and @domainstab is just a non-payer? Which would explain why the WHOIS didn't change.

@DomainGist bid on December 26th was invalid since the Auction ended on December 24th.
I am waiting for the payment from the winner of the auction. It's Christmas and New Year holidays so I am just giving enough time for the buyer.

•••
Thanks for clarifying, my mistake.

I think it must have been very quiet in the auction section at Christmas, which is why I got that far down the list. Usually a 3 day expired auction would be WAAAAYYYY down the pages.

•••
If he doesn't pay I'd be happy to match his bid, by the way.

•••
Domain Agent has sent me a PM asking me to "close the thread and remove the contents".

I'm literally technically unable to do either of those things, so I guess having a debate about whether this should happen or not would be pointless...

•••
Domain Agent has sent me a PM asking me to "close the thread and remove the contents".

I'm literally technically unable to do either of those things, so I guess having a debate about whether this should happen or not would be pointless...

I've also had these requests before. What some fail to understand is non-staff members don't have the ability to remove content. If a thread or comment violates some sort of NP rule, then mods can remove the content. Not sure what NP rule this thread violates, but if you wanted, you could report your posts, and see if the mod's find a rule violation, that would warrant the removal of this thread. The best you (or another member) can do is report the thread, and reference the rule violation.

@Domain Agent - why would you want this thread closed and removed? If this thread was removed, your response would also be removed. Not to be rude, but @Domain Agent , the failure to comment in the original thread and relay that @DomainGist bid was not valid, then this thread would never have been started in the first place.

I think this thread should remain open.

Last edited:
•••
•••
NOTE: There is no suggestion that the user Domain Agent has acted improperly, I just got confused and bid on an auction which had already finished.

•••
Hello,

It appears you have figured it out. Thanks to @Grilled for helping you.

I'm having trouble understanding this cache date..

via google...
Show attachment 76404

But when I click the link, it directs me to the auction you had bid on which shows a December 4th, 2017 date. I assume the google cache date is incorrect? Unless, there was a previous thread merged into the current thread? IDK. :-/

Show attachment 76405
If you click "Cached" on that google result, it shows Dec 4th is the creation date of that thread. The thread ID (In the cached URL) is identical, so it was not merged. You'd have to ask Google on that one, because I don't know why their cache date says that.

I think the only exception may be edits made within a certain time frame (assuming within 60 seconds).
Correct, covered here if you ever need to reference it: https://www.namepros.com/threads/li...sts-conversations-etc.1047417/#section-030808

Hope that helps,

•••
@Grilled, @Domain Agent, @DomainGist, @Eric-lyon and all other guys. First of all merry Christmas and happy new year.

Second I was surprised by this thread and after checking all comments there's a misunderstanding that should be clarified.

I've bidden on this domain like I bade for other domains here either I win or loss like any normal user, I have no affiliation with any user around here I can definitely assure that and I'm a serious seller and buyer it's not a game or shill bidding ring as mentioned. I didn't receive any message about winning this domain like I receive from other sellers so I have no clue what's going on, besides it's not easy to track all bids due I'm bidding for many domains per day so it was the seller duty to contact me about that. And just reporting my domain and business HERE hurts our business. So please remove this thread and the report on AntiDomains as this issue is a total misunderstanding.

You can check my reviews never failed in any of the bids.

•••
@domainstab

I had sent a PM to you on December 24th about you winning the auction. Please recheck.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back