IT.COM

ATTENTION : Please Read | Market Trend Info

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
** ATTENITON : Please Read | Market Trend Info **

Hey Guys and Gals.

I think this is probably the best place to put this thread for now, as hopefully you will see it, and I guess it's more of a "Marketing / Advertising" thing more than anything else right now.

This si a simple system I wrote so we can get a basic idea of what domains are going and for how much.

It's not glamourous right now, and I am not asking for everyone to put ever domain they sell into it. To start with, any domains that you sell, that you dont mind letting people know, please can you post them here :-

http://www.npgeezer.com/

This potentially will become a standard system integrated into the NP community if the interest is there.

I will be working on the pagews progressively and if anyone who can PHP better than me...lol...like most could...and you would like to help, let me know.

Thanks
Matt

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great start! If I may suggest, consider changing the 'profit margin' column to a percentage variance. So nokiagaming, for example, would be:

100% x (150 - 25)/25 = +500%

This would make the results more meaningful if and when you provide an average percentage variance.

Regards,

Apollo

•••
This potentially will become a standard system integrated into the NP community if the interest is there.

Righto.
This is voluntary by both Buyer's and Seller's ... and it would be up to those respective parties to actually enter the information/data, knowing that doing so could potentially help to benefit the "community" as a whole over the long term.
I'd like to hear more comments and suggestions on this, as well ... so probably be moving it over to the "Domain Discussions" Forum before/after tonight's inaugural Live Appraisals™ Happy Hour! :talk:
Thanks much.

•••
Armstrong....

If u can do php, can u msg me in yahoo or MSN or AIM.

TRying to sort out the percentages, but not working..lol
If anyone else can do PHP, get me by the same means. Thanks

Matt

•••
Nice stuff.

Would it also be informative to list the reg price? That would influence the overall profit margin.

ie: Reg for $8.95...Appraised for $25.00...Sold for $20.00.
Just a thought.
ST

•••
Does it really have some real influence on the profit margin?

Reg for $8.95, sure, but who regs at $15 nowadays?

•••
Some reg for $6.95, $7.95, $8.88, etc.

Just looks like you made a few bucks on a quickie sale but instead of a $10.00 profit it may actually only be a $2.00 profit.

Not a biggie,
ST

•••
I was thinking the same also Scott.

May be included tomorrow. Calling it a night now :)

Some more stats (half) completed on the page now.

Rgds
Matt

•••
cool sights...very helpful..but ...i read somewhere that some buyers are not keen to have their $XXXX payments revealed??? privacy??

•••
Strickly voluntary. Some secrets will remain secrets, I suspect (nothing wrong with that).

ST

•••
Opps sorry. can sy4 delete my entry in the npgeezer, didnt sell the domain.

And there is a typo for amount :)

•••
Neon - yup can do.

Red - As we have all expressed, there is a good chance many will not want to put the "high value" domains in....which is fine.

I would expect 85-90% of the community probably dont have the "high value" domains anyhows...and most, have 30-100$ domains. These kind of domains, I would have thought, most do not mind parting with certain information. Sure, some deals will require you do not repeat the sold value, but most people are cool :)

Rgds
Matt

•••
looks like you finally got it working ;)

Looks good.

•••
•••
*** UPADATE ***

Http://www.npgeezer.com

Would like to know more about what people would like added to this system. I would also like more people to USE it :)
Thanks
Matt

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back