IT.COM

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, this is what I was referring to. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on it.
Suppose to come out this summer. We'll see...

•••
Getting a lot of offers on SH.

The broker team can't seem to close anything though.

With almost 200,000 premium domains they must be cross selling similar alternatives. 😐

•••
Getting a lot of offers on SH.

The broker team can't seem to close anything though.
How close are the offers to your asking price?

They haven't closed a lot of offers for me either, mostly BIN sales. I think that's just the nature of offers but it's hard to know because it's so opaque. I would love more transparency (e.g., when/if they are following up).

Last edited:
•••

They haven't closed a lot of offers for me either, mostly BIN sales. I think that's just the nature of offers but it's hard to know because it's so opaque. I would love more transparency (e.g., when/if they are following up).
Fully agree.
That should be the norm everywhere, not just with SH.

The only marketplace that had this was Uni but, of course, Uni now is gone.

•••
30% - 40% typically. Sometimes worse lol.

I don't mind coming down a little bit... but with SH high commission it makes it very hard to drop that much.

Same but my feeling is they cross sell.

The SH team wants them to buy something. Not necessarily the domain you are selling.

•••
Let's say you buy an expiring premium domain at closeouts, how do you go about adding it again as a premium listing?

•••
I've been on SH for 3 years with 100 premium domains and never sold a thing. I've sold names on Dan, Afternic and BB that were rejected by SH.

Am I the only one not having success?

•••
I've been on SH for 3 years with 100 premium domains and never sold a thing. I've sold names on Dan, Afternic and BB that were rejected by SH.

Am I the only one not having success?
Ouch.
I was seriously considering moving all my BB domains to SH since I like SH's approach, UI, etc. but, after your comment, ... I think I'll postpone that decision :)

•••
Ouch.
I was seriously considering moving all my BB domains to SH since I like SH's approach, UI, etc. but, after your comment, ... I think I'll postpone that decision :)

I'm not sure how much if it is just me. It seems other people have success.

When I first started doing brandables I sent every single one of my names to SH first, if they were rejected, I sent them to BrandBucket.

I've sold 3 domains on BrandBucket that were first rejected by SH.
I've sold 0 domains on Squadhelp and have received zero offers over 3 years on 100 premium domains.

Basically what I'm saying is SquadHelp has all my best names and BB only has ones that were rejected and I've still sold far more over on BB. Oh did, I mention I only have 20 names on BB?

I even reached out to SH asking how this is possible and they sent me to their dumbass education articles, even though I've gone through them all and implemented their "best practices".

I want SH to work, I like their backend, I like their tools.

•••
Noticed the recent negative comments on Squadhelp and I wanted to counter with a positive experience. I had a good sale in 2022 and two more in 2023. All came directly from contests so these sales would not have happened without SH and they made my year in both cases. Also, they have made payouts notably faster which is a big plus.

Last edited:
•••
I have 117 names in BrandPa with no sales for more than 2.5 years. 🙁 There are some sales in Squadhelp.

•••
I have more than 700 names on Squadhelp. One sale since 2021 (a SH registered one that I suggested). I am editing this post, because I missed that from my list in error, so it needs to be corrected. So, 1 small sale since 2021. I like their people, their platform and the innovations, but it is costing me a lot of money in renewals and I am making a considerable loss. I am hanging on, hoping things improve soon, though there is quite a bit of catching up to do, to even cover my costs, let alone make any profit.

Last edited:
•••
I have more than 700 names on Squadhelp. Zero sales whatsoever since 2021. I like their people, their platform and the innovations, but it is costing me a lot of money in renewals and I am making a considerable loss. I am hanging on, hoping things improve soon, though there is quite a bit of catching up to do, to even cover my costs, let alone make any profit.
I'm shocked 😲 700 premium names?

•••
@TBN,
I'll second @SELMimo : 700 premium domains and no sales in two years?

•••
I have more than 700 names on Squadhelp. Zero sales whatsoever since 2021. I like their people, their platform and the innovations, but it is costing me a lot of money in renewals and I am making a considerable loss. I am hanging on, hoping things improve soon, though there is quite a bit of catching up to do, to even cover my costs, let alone make any profit.

Premium listed domains or standard ?

•••
700 Premium names and no one sale in two years?? OMG
Maybe SH team will explain us whats going on here..

•••
I'm shocked 😲 700 premium names?

Yes, 700 premium. But I do need to correct my post, apologies. On further checking, I did make one sale, which I missed from my list, in error, because it was a SH registered one, and for a few hundreds dollars. But I do have well over 700 premium names now.

Last edited:
•••
@TBN,
I'll second @SELMimo : 700 premium domains and no sales in two years?
Yes, premium. But I missed one small sale, in error, as it wasn't a name owned by me. So actually, one sale. I edited my post to make sure that it was totally accurate. Not sure how many names I added over the last two years though, but was definitely in the hundreds before that. I have well over 700 premium names now.

Last edited:
•••
•••
700 Premium names and no one sale in two years?? OMG
Maybe SH team will explain us whats going on here..
I always find them professional, and helpful. I like the site, and have always found them good to deal with, but, yes, it is a lot of names, for no sales coming in.
They have always been responsive, including when I have been in touch to ask for advice and around the sales issue. I am advised to keep ensuring the portfolio is optimized, which I try and do.

Last edited:
•••
I always find them professional, and helpful. I like the site, and have always found them good to deal with, but, yes, it is a lot of names, for no sales coming in.
They have always been responsive, including when I have been in touch to ask for advice and around the sales issue. I am advised to keep ensuring the portfolio is optimized, which I try and do.
I like the way where SH is headed but if no sales for 700 premium names that's a big turn off for me.
Why SH doesn't share how many names have been sold over the years? I think that's a good metric to know if they're doing good at sales or not.

•••
I like the way where SH is headed but if no sales for 700 premium names that's a big turn off for me.
Why SH doesn't share how many names have been sold over the years? I think that's a good metric to know if they're doing good at sales or not.
Yes, lots of other sellers do very well though. So I wouldn't make any decisions based on my experience on its own.

•••
@TBN,
I disagree. 700 domains is way .. as in, waay over the number of domains most of us have with SH. It is a high number to be considered a good metric.

I only had around 10-15 domains or so at BB and around half had been sold. Those are old stats but still...

•••
Can you share the list of names? Or some common keywords, niches? I'd be curious to see what kind of domains get ignored at SH

•••
700 premium domains is a huge portfolio :oops:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back