Domain Empire

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

NameSilo
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SH has been a bit slow in approval of names. Submitted some names since Wednesday and still pending till now. Why the delay ??
I think a few big domainers are moving their names to SH. That's also the reason why there's a delay in logos.

•••
Well that’s not good for business and we small domainer.

•••
•••
It's not ideal but it's inevitable. To be fair, SH still has the fastest review time among the brandable marketplaces. I'm still waiting for my first sale though. I'm close to 200 names already. Hopefully next month!

•••
It's not ideal but it's inevitable. To be fair, SH still has the fastest review time among the brandable marketplaces. I'm still waiting for my first sale though. I'm close to 200 names already. Hopefully next month!
200 Premium listed Names or Basic Plus listings ? with 200 names you must get a sale very soon !!

•••

Yes I understand, a quick question

How come your acceptance rate is high and you’ve got up to 200 names?

How do you come up with names that are not rejected ?

Did you just joined SH?

I joined this month, submitted 22 names and got just 2 accepted, that’s not fair and impressive on my part.

Congrat ahead of your happy sales coming soon.

•••
200 Premium listed Names or Basic Plus listings ? with 200 names you must get a sale very soon !!
194 premium listings. I hope so! Thanks for the encouragement. :xf.smile: I actually had 2 inquiries from potential buyers but none turned into sale, unfortunately.

•••
Yes I understand, a quick question

How come your acceptance rate is high and you’ve got up to 200 names?

How do you come up with names that are not rejected ?

Did you just joined SH?

I joined this month, submitted 22 names and got just 2 accepted, that’s not fair and impressive on my part.

Congrat ahead of your happy sales coming soon.
Hmm. I don't think I can answer your question because brandables are tricky to evaluate. However, I definitely think experience plays a huge role.

I joined May 2019.

That's actually good. I think the average acceptance rate is around 10%. Just keep brainstorming and you'll get the hang of it soon. :xf.wink:

Thank you. You too!

•••
Hmm. I don't think I can answer your question because brandables are tricky to evaluate. However, I definitely think experience plays a huge role.

I joined May 2019.

That's actually good. I think the average acceptance rate is around 10%. Just keep brainstorming and you'll get the hang of it soon. :xf.wink:

Thank you. You too!
You

Thank you and yeah 10% of submitted names not bad... once more thank you.

•••
SH marketplace has grown immensely since I started using and it really shows in the # of views stats and shortlists. Essentially names just are not visible to poss buyers unless you boost the visibility at 2500 pts each name (if there’s space). Very similar to brand bucket in the sense that the market got flooded fast. I believe the reported avg sell thru rate for 2019/2020 will reflect the over saturation of the marketplace.

•••
I seriously wish SH would implement this feature.

Names I submitted to contests frequently get a “Love it” rating and shortlisted, indicating that the CH loves the name and is considering it. Once they realize it is a premium name, the name is downgraded and removed from shortlists. Example belowShow attachment 127778

Names that are not premium (free for hand reg.) are often downgraded as well. CH's get hundreds of new name ideas each day. And if they provide enough feedback they get better names each day.

Last edited:
•••
Folks,
Wanted to know if 'make offer' on names has any impact of name being sold. Anyone has got offers ?
How low or high were they ?

•••
I've received around five offers in the last month or so. Accepted a couple, countered a couple. None of the sales went through. Anyone else?

•••
Yes some children enjoying others pain, a recent offer of 2000.. so i accepted, 12 hours later same domain offer of 1997 ... i accepted but now assuming some prank.

different domain on another recent offer of 1500 , I accepted, then next day 1450 , I countered 1500 , then received " sold " email, squad requests auth code ( no clue why not a push ) and now its been 10 days. domain still in my dynadot acc. and no money,

lesson: buyers can just create an account with email and send offers, so take them seriously, but do not get hopes up till cash in hand.

& I personally will be only offering a push in the future, if I can not communicate with a buyer then I will send squad the domain.

•••

SquadHelp - The Good, Bad, and the Ugly

Bad-

I started adding names for sale a few months back.

Most names are rejected.

With relatively few domains listed I've had a few sales already.

These sales were made within weeks of being accepted, after asking for a review,

and they were rejected at first.

The reviewers do a very poor job selecting names.

My sales of rejected, then accepted names prove this.

I recently submitted more names that were rejected - again.

I am tired of having to resubmit good names to get them finally listed and sold.

It takes long enough for them to review a name in the first place!!

Also, I believe they favor the top creatives and approve more of their names.

Bad-

They don't notify you unless your name is approved.

You have to constantly check to see what is happening with names submitted for approval or review.

Good-

They pay out pretty fast, especially when you have won a lot of contests.

Good-

Their customer service has been a little better lately.

Ugly-

They really don't care if contest holders take names submitted by contestants and register them.

They claim to investigate.

I don't believe they do.

I gave up reporting domain registrations a long time ago.

Most of the time they do not respond at all to reports of domain registrations by contest holders.

The few times they claimed to investigate

they found no wrongdoing on the part of the contest holder.

I also found this:

I looks like there is an option in the contest holder's dashboard

to list names for sale where it says "Instant Approval For Marketplace".

ch_dash .JPG

What does this mean?

Is this an option for contest holders to list names for sale that were submitted by contestants?

I hope not!

If it is, it would explain why so many of my names submitted in contests

wind up being registered and for sale on the SH marketplace.

Bad-

SH is beginning to suffer from the same problems other big brandable marketplaces have.

There are too many names listed there now and each name gets less exposure.

I think things will only get worse for domainers.

One last thing-

The domains I submit to Squadhelp are domains I have registered or caught expressly for

listing on SquadHelp.

These are domains I would never be interested in as regular investments or for listing on the

major marketplaces.

What I am saying is the domains I submit to SH are meant just for SH and not for any other

venue or for my regular portfolio.

I do not believe these domains would sell anywhere else.

So when I submit a domain to SH and it is rejected, I consider it wasted money, a loss.

I do not expect these name to draw any interest outside SH.

So when domains are rejected it really sucks.

Last edited:
•••

Bad-

Most names are rejected.

These sales were made within weeks of being accepted after asking for a review,

I am tired of having to resubmit good names to get them finally listed and sold.

Bad-

You have to constantly check to see what is happening with names submitted for approval or review.

Good-

Good-

Ugly-

They really don't care if contest holders steal names submitted by contestants and register them.

I don't believe they do.

Most of the time they do not respond at all to reports of domain registrations by contest holders.

I also found this:

Show attachment 128594

What does this mean?

Is this an option for contest holders to list names for sale that were submitted by contestants?

I hope not!

Bad-

SH is beginning to suffer from the same problems other big brandable marketplaces have.

100% Right !!

•••

Bad-

Most names are rejected.

These sales were made within weeks of being accepted after asking for a review,

Bad-

Good-

Good-

Ugly-

They really don't care if contest holders take names submitted by contestants and register them.

I don't believe they do.

I also found this:

Show attachment 128594

What does this mean?

I hope not!

Bad-

One last thing-

The domains I submit to Squadhelp are domains I have registered or caught expressly for

listing on SquadHelp.

These are domains I would never be interested in as regular investments or for listing on the

major marketplaces.

What I am saying is the domains I submit to SH are meant just for SH and not for any other

venue or for my regular portfolio.

I do not believe these domains would sell anywhere else.

So when I submit a domain to SH and it is rejected, I consider it wasted money, a loss.

I do not expect these name to draw any interest outside SH.

So when domains are rejected it really sucks.

Your saying you had a low number of domains accepted and still received thousands of dollars in marketplace sales? Sound like "Good" to me.

starting your own market place maybe and paying 10s of thousands to run ads might be a solution?

•••
Your saying you had a low number of domains accepted and still received thousands of dollars in marketplace sales? Sound like "Good" to me.

starting your own market place maybe and paying 10s of thousands to run ads might be a solution?

I am not complaining about making sales. Sales are great.

I am saying the SH system needs to be changed and they need better

domain reviewers.

There is a certain amount of loss involved because of the number of domains

submitted that are not accepted.

You have to factor in the $$ lost in regs that are not accepted and probably

won't sell outside of SH.

Also, the whole process of submitting and waiting and resubmitting and waiting,

and possibly being rejected again is exhausting and aggravating.

•••
If it makes you feel any better. I'm right there beside you. I've had 100s and 100s rejected. But I pushed forward and have 70+ now. And am happy. I also mainly submit unregistered to avoid the cost risk. It takes practice but there are great unregistered still available

Last edited:
•••
You have to factor in the $$ lost in regs that are not accepted and probably

won't sell outside of SH.
You really want them to accept every name you submit?

No brand market place can do that, no matter how good your submissions are. They still have to control the number of listed domains.

•••
Looks like you won’t have to worry about rejections when they expect you to pay for submissions now.

•••
Looks like you won’t have to worry about rejections when they expect you to pay for submissions now.

Um... that was kind of unexpected.

Last edited:
•••
Um... that was kind of unexpected.

Their huge commission should cover everything.There will be huge decline over there which is probably a good thing because they have a lot of terrible names on the site that nobody else would ever take. It’s greed pure and simple and wanting another income stream I guess.

Last edited:
•••
I think it is a waste of time participating in contest if it lacks integrity.
CH registering submitted domains before contest ends and SH doing jack shit about it.

I joined a contest some days ago, Since I was new, I was allowed to submit 5 nanes to a single contest, out of 5 names submitted, 1 was liked and shortlisted by CH, 2 rated as on "right track" and one 1 was "no thanks".

I checked my shortlisted name the next day and I found out it has been registered some few hours back and pointed to namesilo,with all details on security.

I knew it was registered by the CH, out of all the names submitted which were all available for registration when I submitted it, only the shortlisted name was registered and others are still available.

I trusted SH to carry out proper investigation but I was wrong, it seems they draw their conclusions based on the words of the CH. Dissapointing stuff.

IMG_20190909_183008_804.JPG

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back