NameSilo

SquadHelp - Marketplace

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by JudgeMind, Jan 26, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. loredan

loredan Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I've received this email yesterday:

"We have detected an issue with your Domain Name Servers

Hello ,

It looks like the Name Servers for your approved domain, .......com are no longer pointing to Squadhelp.

Based upon our records, it looks like the name servers were changed after they were verified initially. Please note that it is a violation of Squadhelp Terms of Service to modify your domain name servers to a different destination while your domain is still live with Squadhelp.

If this action was in error or if you have already updated the Name Servers. please contact us via email or chat so we can assist you further. Please note that if the name servers are not updated within the next 24 hours, this domain will be delisted. Any delisting will likely limit your account from future participation in Squadhelp platform.

Thanks

Squadhelp Team"

I never had this domain approved and it does not show under my premium listings. Guess it's just a glitch.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator VIP

Anybody noticing a long delay getting logos done after premium approval at SH ?

3. Cdomains

Cdomains Top Member VIP

Yes, everything is delayed.

4. Mainlander

Mainlander Established Member

Yes. It's taking weeks to get logos done at this point.

5. bojan1

bojan1 Top Member VIP

Not just delay in getting logos done, but also delay in getting your domain live on marketplace... hm why?

6. Mainlander

Mainlander Established Member

I think their popularity is increasing but perhaps they haven't hired enough staff members yet in order to handle the extra submissions?

7. BrandsOpen

BrandsOpen SalesBusiness.com Gold Account VIP

They no longer accept submissions because of the massive backlog. They are growing faster than anticipated I suppose.

8. NYJimbo

When did that start ? I just got one accepted a couple days ago.

9. BrandsOpen

Today perhaps, just got notified.

10. bojan1

bojan1 Top Member VIP

Actuelly I think they just limited number of submissions per account.

11. NYJimbo

My dashboard shows this:

Submission Status: Currently Open
    Overall Limits: Since you don't have any pending submissions, you can submit upto 200 domains for review. Once you reach your pending limit, you may have to wait a bit before you can submit more.​

Did it fail after you tried or did you get an email ?

12. OnlineDomainShop

OnlineDomainShop Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

200 ? How many names you have there ? I can submit 40 names at once ... 200 is crazy number :xf.eek:

13. BrandsOpen

Just pops up when submitting.

[​IMG]

14. November

November Top Member VIP

I can submit only 15 domains at once :)

15. BrandsOpen

Well, the reason for that is quite obvious. No fees, no point reductions. Free submissions, for anyone. No wonder they are having a nightmare.

16. NYJimbo

Well until it clears I'll send them to Brandpa and the rejects to SH as allowed.

17. ALDaisy1

ALDaisy1 Established Member

The individual limits are based on your personal acceptance vs.submission percentage rate, it doesn't really correlate with the number of domains you have listed. But Squadhelp has temporarily paused submissions system-wide before, it's usually only a day or so before they are open again. I do think there have been a lot of delays both with logos and getting names uploaded to the marketplace. Squadhelp is probably going to have to expand their designer pool, at least. But also, they added a new feature two days ago (a boost option for name visibility that uses points) and I'm guessing they are busy fielding a lot of questions about that right now, mainly bc, so far, it doesn't seem to do much of anything, lol.

18. ALDaisy1

ALDaisy1 Established Member

They actually are deducting 10 points per submission for unregistered domains now, you get 100 points back if a name is approved and listed. I know that doesn't affect everyone, but it might help a little.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  19. NYJimbo

What we need is a list of domains we submit that does not get upgraded to premium. If I submit a name to "basic plus" and then later ask for an upgrade and it gets denied, there does not appear to be a tracker of those names.

So if I delete a name that did not upgrade, so I can try it on another platform, there is no reminder that I already tried it on SH. Sometimes after putting a name elsewhere I might wonder later if I tried it on SH, but there is nothing to reference.

Namerific, BP and BB keep a list of failures. SH seems to only keep it if you did a straight premium listing, not an upgrade to premium attempt.

20. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

I'm an outsider to listing names exclusively anywhere. I believe in having your own landing pages, and additionally listing in all the non-exclusive marketplaces such as Afternic Sedo DomainAgents etc.

As an outsider my opinion here is either more relevant, or irrelevant, but looking from the outside I'd say what is happening is that people are beginning to list names at SquadHelp that they can't dump anywhere else. ("It's free to list, why not?") And for whatever reason SH is allowing or already has allowed most any name to list. As this continues, and more and more garbage appears on SH, the buyers will dry up as well as the ability to sell will dry up as too many ersatz names are in the SH marketplace. And in the meantime you'll all be locked into an exclusive marketplace. Then again, if we're talking lower quality names anyway, maybe it doesn't matter to you if they are locked in someplace as they can't sell elsewhere. But if you have good names, and they are locked into a place with too much garbage floating by, you will be the one who gets hurt. Good luck.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  21. BrandsOpen

I agree. The main reason I have a few names there is exposure. It might sell faster, but probably for less than for what I would've priced them for.

Refused to list many of my names because of their prices, and high commissions as well.

22. Haykay2005

Haykay2005 Top Member VIP

@GrantP should consider slack channel for sellers

23. bojan1

bojan1 Top Member VIP

I am surprised that logo for one of my domains that is approved yesterday is finished almost immediately :) Thanks SH!

24. Kamaldeen

Kamaldeen Top Member VIP

And I have one that is on the site for the past 10 days without logo..
    SMH

25. golan

golan GolanMedia.com Gold Account VIP

That's right, however for now SH is super selective in names. Much more selective than other brand marketplaces, and the average name quality there is much higher. IMHO

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice