IT.COM

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is there a full list of the names sold on SquadHelp in 2022 available anywhere? Thx

Edit: Can those who downvoted me for this question explain why? Not sure what could possibly be so offensive about it that you choose to push my reputation into the negative as a new board member?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing. @JudgeMind

That's an 11% STR right?

•••
Has anyone actually sold any names on Squadhelp? I'm starting to wonder if moving my names from Afternic to Squadhelp is a good idea (or not).

•••
I don't know what the problem is, but there definitely is one, yes. All of the names are reviewed and approved, so that should mitigate some of the potential for issues, but, no, it is definitely not currently. I don't have exact percentages for you, but I will say most of my names are compound brandable names. Most of my invented brandables are short and mostly .com. I do have lease to own enabled, and my portfolio optimized decently (though always room for improvement).
What @Maged Khatab suggested is one of the best replies here I have seen.

If I were in your position believe me I just give up on domaining specially brandable domaining.

SH approved or rejected don't have any merit. I have seen bad names getting approved and listed every day and I have also seen good names getting rejected.

I am sure you have listed all the SH premium domains on Afternic also. Did any got sold there?

If not then you really need to sit and analyse the entire portfolio and your domain investment strategy.

•••
@TBN
Can you share your public portfolio link?

•••
I prefer not to.
I think that our colleague asked about portfolio to know bad sales reason. If you have a good portfolio and no one buys your domains, this is an occasion to think. If the quality of the domains leaves much to be desired, then the rule of 1% sales of the total domain number does not work here. I state that domain sales have fallen all over the world. I have only 400 average quality hand regged domains, but I sold only 2 of them, this is 0.5%, that is, twice as worse than average indicators.

•••
No. They are already doing it in the right way. If they should go by your proposed method, they will have many reviews per month. 5 per account is fine for every seller to have limited reviews per month.
So, if you have only 5 domains or 5000 domains, there is no difference for you? I don't think it's normal to have only 5 requests for domainers with different statuses. Then it would be correct to cancel the requests altogether and wait 60 days until the next approval.

•••
So, if you have only 5 domains or 5000 domains, there is no difference for you? I don't think it's normal to have only 5 requests for domainers with different statuses. Then it would be correct to cancel the requests altogether and wait 60 days until the next approval.
Well, you have to consider the reviewer's time in your consideration. They have enough new reviews to go through already so adding additional reviews will be an extra load and this will affect overall review time if they go by your proposal

•••
SH will show some Standard Listings in search if it meets the demand of that user search.

This is my understanding at least.

1. Standard Listings get no promotion and are basically not visible/don't appear in search

I have a high acceptance rate.

You need to understand what names work on there and what the evaluators like to approve.

2. SH has rejected basically every othet name I requested Premuim for until I ran out of coins, so I will have to buy more coins for Premium Listings.

3. EVEN WITH a decent amount of coins, people are spending quite a bit just to get their Premium Names listed

Last edited:
•••
I don’t use the boosting option much anymore. I own all of my sh listed premium names.
I am glad of your achievements, but you have not answered my question about your Approval Rate. That's why I found your SH page myself and was genuinely surprised that out of 1106 domains your 1105 been have approved . Congratulations! You are one unique domainer with such a result at SH. I don't even dare ask you to share the secrets of your skill. But your result is impressive and makes me think. Although I believe that miracles happen.

Last edited:
•••
I made an error when typing, but in the calculations I used 1114 domains. Please check my words. You can do this without a calculator. If someone has 1200 domains, this means that every month on average it should pay for 100 expired domains. That is, no more than 1000 dollars every month (with such domain portfolio , avy registrar makes discounts, even Godaddy). Our colleague assures that he needs to sell 2 domains per month, so as not to be in the minus, that is, 24 domains per year. But I show on his own example that it is enough for him to sell 7 domains. I really wonder why he overstates his expenses
Tax season

•••
I too never heard of a calculator

•••
I do not understand the negativity from some of you. The man wrote not truth, I pointed that. Let him explain where he got such great expenses. I do not have such expenses. By placing domains at SH marketplace, I always make a profit. And I am friends with mathematics.

•••
Can you share the list of names? Or some common keywords, niches? I'd be curious to see what kind of domains get ignored at SH

•••
Yeah, I've dug already. SH don't make all their sales data publicly available to anyone. Share your source, otherwise I'm calling B.S.
I don't ask you to believe me. The sales data is not available for everyone but it is there. I'm afraid if I say so. SH would remove it. A question why SH doesn't report the number of sales ?
I'd like someone to prove me wrong because most of my names at SH.

•••
SquadHelp now limited the visibility of recent sales to certain members !!
Only complications not to disclose recent sales to the public which could be an indication of a big decrease in sales at squadhelp !!

Show attachment 228637

It's back, recently sold names are visible again.

•••
Are you serious about this? Blue button reply within 2-3 minutes even on weekends.
Thanks for shilling so hard. I knew some shills would come crawling out of the woodwork.

Well, the "support" in my case has been sleeping for the past 10 days. And, I know how the coveted "Blue button" works.

•••
I don't feel like that is a good thing. Flooding their market with domains that they rejected before isn't going to do anyone but them any favors.

My accepted standard listing domains are good domains, they should have approved them earlier.

My so-so or not good standard listing domains are still getting rejected. I think the quality level is still high on SH.

•••
How did you track all the sales reported by SH? They don't make this info publicly available...
It is publicly available but you should dig a little bit. Some users have access too to sales reports

•••
It is publicly available but you should dig a little bit. Some users have access too to sales reports
Yeah, I've dug already. SH don't make all their sales data publicly available to anyone. Share your source, otherwise I'm calling B.S.

•••
I also have no sales in July, August and Sept. and have 800 domains at Squadhelp. Anyone else with 500+ domains and no sales for almost 3 months?
Can you share your portfolio on squadhelp

•••
So you don’t need to “wonder”, I’d be happy to share my approval stats. Not certain what you mean that “out of 1106 domains 1105 were approved”?
This should be taken literally. Anyone will visit your page https://www.squadhelp.com/domain-portfolio/BrandAim/191862/premium-domains-for-sale/all and may sure that 1105 premium domains are accepted on the SH marketplace (See Info on the left of the page "Listing Type - Curated By Squadhelp -1105"). This is almost 100% of the approved domains.It's not 11.15%. And this is very, very strange. There are a lot of people on the NamePros forum who are engaged not only in domaining, but also in statistics, and can draw appropriate conclusions. If you can't explain your luck with the "approval rate", I wouldn't flaunt your data if I were you

Last edited:
•••
Not sure what you are trying to say.

He has 1106 names there, 1105 of his own and 1 he probably chose to show there which is owned by someone else.

If his approval is 11.15%, that means he had to submit 10 000 names to get 1105 approved.
That's right! But our colleague insists that all his sales take place on the SH marketplace. So the other 9,000 domains that are not approved are dead weight? I would appreciate it if he wrote about the statistics of not approved domains. And where exactly he prefers to place them.

•••
Lol. Now you're confusing yourself. You stated earlier that the STR is 2% now you put in into range. And you're not honest with yourself, who have 10% STR on SH? Sten is the top seller on SH he didn't have 10% STR. I bet you don't even have UpTo 100 names on SH. You're just a keypad warrior.
There is an average STR and your STR might be lower or higher. Here's what average mean: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average

Some sellers have 0.5% STR, some sellers have much higher STR. Bashing me or SH won't help you, why not try to optimize your portfolio, learn more, look for new keywords, analyze past sales etc.? Good luck.

•••
I highly doubt SH has an STR anywhere near that now, unless some creative STR calculations.

Their true STR (i.e. total sales for the year divided by the weighted average portfolio size for the year) is probably in 1%-1.5% range. Adjusted for the higher commission, you are better off with afternic/dan/other similar landers.

LOL have you A/B tested this? Show me the cold hard data! It can be true actually, but show me the data.

You are just mindlessly bashing a platform without any proof.

If you submit with coins, the commission is 30% below $5000 in the first 2 years, then it drops to 25% commission below $5000. Afternic charges 20% below $5000. So after 2 years the difference is only 5%.

Dan offers lower commission but they don't advertise your domain, they just provide a landing page.

You can list your domain as a standard listing on SH if you are after the low commission, for just 7.5%.

You forgot to mention that you are not forced to list a domain as a premium domain, you can always list it as a standard listing for just 7.5% commission.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back