Dynadot

Ask a Moderator Anything (Publicly)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Per member request, we've created this public thread.

Please feel free to ask us anything, and we'll try to answer as best as we can.

We look forward to answering your questions.

You may also contact us privately through our support sections:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A question about the signature
Do links in the signature have to be related to domaining?

I can't find any limitations in the forum rules.
The only limitation concerns PG-13 rating:

1.png

I see also, e.g., the signature of an esteemed member, with links to businesses unrelated to domaining:
2.png

So I understand that if e.g. a user participates to the affiliate program of a company selling washing machines, or to Fiverr's affiliate program, he is allowed to post the affiliate link in his signature.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

•••
A question about the signature
Do links in the signature have to be related to domaining?

I can't find any limitations in the forum rules.
The only limitation concerns PG-13 rating:

Show attachment 247179

I see also, e.g., the signature of an esteemed member, with links to businesses unrelated to domaining:
Show attachment 247180

So I understand that if e.g. a user participates to the affiliate program of a company selling washing machines, or to Fiverr's affiliate program, he is allowed to post the affiliate link in his signature.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
Hello,

Great question!

The FAQ you referenced is helpful, however, it should also be coupled with the official NamePros rules regarding signatures. Keep in mind, your signature space is your own advertising space, as long as it doesn't violate a NamePros rule.

For example, here are some signature related rules:
1.21. Do not indirectly or directly refer to your signature block, suggest looking at your signature block, or include your content signature or signature block in any post; instead, use the signature block feature. Exceptions may be made if your signature is short and relevant or short and benign (e.g., your first name with no catch phrases and no domain names), especially in the marketplace and direct messages where content signatures are generally allowed.

3.2. Affiliate links are only permitted in the Available Domain Names and Expired Domains and Expiring Domains sections, and in signatures. Affiliate links must have the URL embedded in text as a hyperlink, not pasted as a URL. It must be noted when there are affiliate links in a post, e.g., "Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links."

4.1. Signatures may not include links to sites that contain explicit, sexually-orientated, illegal or obscene content.

In addition to the above, a signature should not violate other NamePros rules, such as the General rules of NamePros located here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/official-rules-of-namepros.848752/#section-010000

We hope that information helps.

•••
There is a rule for every taste here
: )

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back