IT.COM

.us Are u one of them?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Sometimes i find some great names .us but i have to skip them as i am not from the US ..furthermore its hard to sell a .us name.
Are u one of them too?

Wonder any resellers offering cheap proxy registrations for .us names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes I often find them in my searches but do not register them.

•••
mellowmasher said:
Yes I often find them in my searches but do not register them.

Sigh ..i guess i have to start a Available .us list.. for names i found but cant reg ..at least it could benefit other domainers..

•••
You can send them to me and if there good i'll pay a finders fee.

if i dont like them no one else will see them :)

•••
"furthermore its hard to sell a .us name"

Say what????

A lot of .US sales are normally undisclosed.

Good .US names don't get passed around among domainers. I have sold all my state+keyword in the average of mid $xxx without knowing the true value of the names. when I traced those names the guy who bought it is selling them in buydomains for mid $x,xxx.

When I tried to offer him a similar name in .net and .org he refused he told me he only wants the .US

All those domains that I sold for mid $xxx I only paid reg. fee so that's approximately $7

Talking about a nice ROI in less a year.

•••
Yes, i agree, have come across many good .us domains i would like to buy, but had to pass them up. There are several high profile cases of non US citizens buying .us names, and they have been cofiscated. Im not taking that risk im afraid.

In one particular case the same mid xx,xxx domain was confiscated twice! and yes, they are hard to sell, because you can only sell to US citizens. Would you want to buy a .com.au domain from me?....NO, of course not. When you see NNN.us going for $150 it makes you wonder, if anyone could buy these, they would be xxxx in my opinion. This is what has, and is holding .us back in my opinion.

•••
Good point maxeaus.

I think one of the problem in .US is that a lot of interested buyers are from outside the US and as you mentioned they don't wanna take the risk from being confiscated.

On the other hand, a lot of users here in the US prefer the .com over .us

Many demands for the .US are outside the US from what I've noticed and less demand within the US.

Good demand = outside the US

Less demand = within the US

What to do what to do

•••
There are lots and lots of sales that dont go reported,

I have a very very large list of names and check the whois quite often and it amazes me how these go "unposted" (simply put these sellers dont need to have everyone knowing there business)

Same goes with other extensions,

There have been 6 figure sales in .us names this year i'm sure of that.

•••
Malaysia said:
Sigh ..i guess i have to start a Available .us list.. for names i found but cant reg ..at least it could benefit other domainers..

Good Idea....

I think the extention is fab and will only grow but alas I am in the UK and thats why I do not take them.. I have often told fellow US members in chat of my finds and they sometimes take them :)

•••
DotUSDomains said:
You can send them to me and if there good i'll pay a finders fee.

if i dont like them no one else will see them :)

DOH!

I kinda like the idea of sharing with us all ..... Or We can start a proxy service right here ..... no?

I would agree to "partner" ownership with a trusted member. Can we do that?

Last edited:
•••
namenut said:
DOH!

I kinda like the idea of sharing with us all ..... Or We can start a proxy service right here ..... no?

I would agree to "partner" ownership with a trusted member. Can we do that?
I only take the Geos and if I find some nice keywords during my search I will be more than happy to post it here.

•••
I meant what i said in a good way :)

Just incase they find a way to register them i'd not post them without permission

I'm all for sahring :)

•••
I've been picking up lots of generic .US here in the past few weeks. Plan on holding onto them; I think their value will only increase.

ripley.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back