IT.COM

Are typos worth anything?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CJ6

My favorite movies are too offensive now. Whimps.Top Member
Impact
Typically, I only register domains when spelled correctly. During yesterday's xyz sale, I picked up perscription. I knew it was spelled wrong. Do you think it has any value? If I blew .02, I am perfectly fine with that.

I guess my question is, are typos worth anything?
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, typos can be worth something and sometimes a lot. In .com. In .xyz,..yeah you wasted 2 cents.

•••
Type in traffic operators value typos based on a multiple of [parked earnings minus renewal fee]. If parked earnings minus renewal fee equals $10, the name may trade for between 2x to 5x that number or about $20-$50. Type in traffic and earnings can be estimated based on [sld.tld] search volume reported by Adwords Keyword Planner. For example, [perscription.com] USA search volume = 10 which means it might break even, only the registrant knows for sure. [Perscription.xyz] search volume = 0 which is a proxy for its type in traffic and name value.

•••
compared to what? typos imo r passe now

•••
Try typo's of sites with much visitors. (search in stats-sites).
But lots (from .com) are gone in .com, maybe local ones.
Do also base registrations of wrong typ-ins of letters in the neighbourhood on the keyboard (azerty and qwerty).

•••
all depends of the word, for example "atvertise"

Atvertise.com

Avg. monthly searches - 27,100
Competition - Low
Suggested bid - £1.86

I guess that is worth something :)

•••
yes, some typos can be worthy

packging.com 8 visitors 3 clicks 1.60 USD this month @ sedo

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back