NameSilo

Are top 500 most registered keywords still helpful nowadays?

Located in General Domain Discussion, started by fleaking, Jan 12, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. fleaking

fleaking Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

dotDB recently launched the most registered keyword list in all domain extensions, and the top 500 are free of charge:

https://dotdb.com/top-keywords/

Without doubt that the top 1 is nic and the top 2 is www, I can also find some trending terms like crypto, covid19, drone...from the list.

However, to my surprise, many famous trademarks are also in the top 500 list like amazon, yahoo, whatsapp, microsoft...etc (Maybe those are registered for the purpose of brand protection since most of the trademark domains are not resolving or just redirecting to its .com.)

And the latest top 500 list reminds me the good old days of early 2000, when I was still a newbie in domain investment, I remember clearly that there was a Top 500 most wanted keyword list released by someone after the land rush period of .info & .biz, and I invested my very first money in keyword .info & .biz according to the list, I also screened daily expired ccTLDs like .cc, .tv by using the top keywords in the following few years, and I grabbed many top keywords in these non-dotcom TLDs, and flipped them for very good profits then.

I am just wondering if the most up-to-date list is still helpful for investing in new TLDs like the up coming .web or any other new extensions. Anyone thinks that we can still have a chance to take advantage of the most registered keyword list nowadays in 2021 and make good profits from it? Any feedback will be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. biggie

biggie GreenFriendly.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi

"they"....
    already took the top keywords of all time, and introduced them as new extensions.

the best thing you can do now, is try to find available keyword that fits one of them.

and that will be hard to do, because the best are either reserved or have premium registration pricing.

i had an old list of top kw, released years ago with yahoo metrics
    wonder wat happened to it

imo....

3. du6262

du6262 Established Member

Thanks for your sharing(y)

4. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

Only if it matches to searches otherwise it is only making it harder for selected industries.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  5. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Find that list.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice