Dynadot

question Are there parking providers which accept all types of portfolios ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SCP Foundation

Established Member
Impact
I think Sedo parking pages are just awful, Bodis is not letting me register until feb 2023 (considering we are already in march i think they just got lost ine the space-time continuum), and others like ParkingCrew or ParkLogic evaluate your traffic an revenue before letting you register.
For me who is still building his portfolio (i only have 2 domains until now but they are showing great visits stats on sedo), do you know another parking provider which would accept my modest collection of domains and which is free ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure I understand. Are you saying that you are discarding the only parking service that can help you build your portfolio which in turn will let you join the other companies you mentioned just because the pages look awful?

Doesn't matter how the pages look like; the main feeds come from G anyway. If there is anything worthy to click, visitors will click. It's not like the other companies provide lovely landers.. those days with the lovely landers are gone.

My suggestion is to stick with Sedo until you build your traffic and revenue and then try your luck again with the other services.

Note, there are other services (eg. GoDaddy, Uniregistry, Afternic) but I wouldn't bother honestly

•••
Not sure I understand. Are you saying that you are discarding the only parking service that can help you build your portfolio which in turn will let you join the other companies you mentioned just because the pages look awful?

Doesn't matter how the pages look like; the main feeds come from G anyway. If there is anything worthy to click, visitors will click. It's not like the other companies provide lovely landers.. those days with the lovely landers are gone.

My suggestion is to stick with Sedo until you build your traffic and revenue and then try your luck again with the other services.

Note, there are other services (eg. GoDaddy, Uniregistry, Afternic) but I wouldn't bother honestly
a lot here keep sying bad things about sedo
and i don't think sedo pages are attractive, i mean they don't do that much of a job into inciting the visitor into clicking the ad, that page just looks as dead and morbid than a namecheap parking page (or maybe more)

but yeah thank you for advice, but don't you think the traffic on my few domains will die if i wait too much ? I mean i won't get any revenue from sedo until i park 2 months with them, and only if the revenue get over 20$

•••
I agree completely with Hypersot. And fwiw - a brilliant parking investor - someone still in the game in a big way, once told me when I commented (early on my parking career) about how unappealing parking pages looked - "the people who click on these ads are not like you and me - what the page looks like is irrelevant".

•••
don't you think the traffic on my few domains will die if i wait too much ?
If you don't plan to keep your portfolio traffic and revenue growing then better stop now, you will waste your time for sure.

Parking needs constant accumulation of assets to grow and to replace the old dying ones.
Considering also the fact that base revenue drops every year and expenses rise, it means that, you shouldn't just work towards replacement but also work more just to keep on the same level. ie. you should never sit and wait but always work to get more.

Despite what you read:

a. SEDO is not that bad when the main comptetitive options are not there (ie. Bodis and PC)

b. parking is hard and it needs lots of work, experimentation, risky investment and -above all- you'll go against hard competition. Some people think that parking is just sitting on the couch and wait for the rain of money, that can't be further from the truth.

•••
If you don't plan to keep your portfolio traffic and revenue growing then better stop now, you will waste your time for sure.

Parking needs constant accumulation of assets to grow and to replace the old dying ones.
Considering also the fact that base revenue drops every year and expenses rise, it means that, you shouldn't just work towards replacement but also work more just to keep on the same level. ie. you should never sit and wait but always work to get more.

Despite what you read:

a. SEDO is not that bad when the main comptetitive options are not there (ie. Bodis and PC)

b. parking is hard and it needs lots of work, experimentation, risky investment and -above all- you'll go against hard competition. Some people think that parking is just sitting on the couch and wait for the rain of money, that can't be further from the truth.
ok but the thing i don't like with sedo is that the revenue you generate expires if it doesn't goo above 20$ in a year
i mean how can i even be sure i won't do all this work to at the end get a "revenue" of 19$ at the end of the year which would expire so i won't get anything from my investment

that's why i'm looking for parking providers with more flexible payment

•••
Get a minimum of 20 quality domains and then look at reapplying at both pc and bodis. Stick it out with sedo until you get something else.

•••
@SCP Foundation ,
are we seriously talking about $20 revenue in a year?

If you are afraid to risk working for $20 worth with the possibility of losing that $20 then I can guarantee you right now, parking -and investing in general- is not for you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back