Dynadot

question Are there domain tools for auctions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Smashing Brands

Impact
Hi everyone,

We all know that feeling when you have won an auction and then get disappointed because it was run on multiple auction websites and someone else outbid you in the end .

I would like to know if there is a way to prevent this from happening?

Does a tool exist that shows the highest bid referenced from multiple auction websites? I would love that.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've never seen that happen. This would also mean that the seller would get banned from all the auction platforms except the winning one.

I can hardly see this being a regular occurrence.

•••
I never saw it happen, on which platform was it ?
Something similar to what you described is coming to NameInvestors, the issue is to update bids fast enough; but it's coming :)

•••
I am referring to backorders, my apologies for being unclear.

•••
I am referring to backorders, my apologies for being unclear.
For backorders it's actually different
Before the domain drops, some sites may already auction the domain, but the domain is not awarded to the auction house with the highest bid, but to the fastest registering the domain on the drop
In general, domains are auctionned after they are caught, but there may be some exceptions

•••
Oh okay. Thank you I didn't know this, I am kind of new to domaining. This thread can be closed.

•••
Oh okay. Thank you I didn't know this, I am kind of new to domaining. This thread can be closed.

There are dropcatch software out there you can install in your laptop or PC and try your luck.

Imagine a domain that NO ONE ELSE WANTS either at auction or backorder.

(This happens more than people think)

But to you it might be valuable.

But very rarely do you ever find a "good domain" not "fished" by someone else.

You have no idea what kind of treasure hunters looking for a bargain exist on a planet of 9 billion and counting.

The problem with software is you will need high powered PC or a hosted service that's on 24/7.

To compete with dropcatch and other services like it. Might not be cost effective.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back