Dynadot

sales Are low price auction domains really sold on Flippa?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Atta

Top Member
Impact
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some information regarding low price auction domains sale on Flippa. I am following the domains sale on Flippa since couple of months very closely. I can see that there are many domain auctions which finished at $1 or less than $10 which does not even match the price of auction listing. Since most of these are NO RESERVE auctions, so here are my questions:

1. As the matter of fact, seller is obliged(!) to sell the domain to the highest bidder in NO RESERVE auction, are these domains really sold to highest bidder?

2. I can see few sellers relisting NO RESERVE auction domains ,even though, those were sold for good price in auction, how is it possible? Does Flippa not take any action against such seller?

Please share your experience with such sales as it will help new domainers.

Thank you very much.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Just a couple weeks ago i had to sell my domain to the only bidder for $1. I was sure it should cost much more, but probably stars went a wrong way. So, not all $1 sales are fake...

•••
Thank you @golan for sharing your experience. I am not saying these are fake. Just curious due to very low prices.

•••
MArketing is the Key for domains in Auction.
Apart from Auction House, you need to market the domain yourself aggresively.

•••
2. I can see few sellers relisting NO RESERVE auction domains ,even though, those were sold for good price in auction, how is it possible? Does Flippa not take any action against such seller?
In these cases it is usually the buyer who didn't pay, not the seller who refused to sell.

•••
Thank you for clarification. Indeed, it will help me to understand.

•••
MArketing is the Key for domains in Auction.
Apart from Auction House, you need to market the domain yourself aggresively.

Can you please share few tips how and where to market? Many new domainers don't really know about it.

•••
Can you please share few tips how and where to market? Many new domainers don't really know about it.

Aside from Flippa upgrades, which are quite expensive, I use the following options:

- Zandibot.com - I really like this one. You get a great number of impressions (btw, you can see the statistics of clicks and impressions)
- Domain Shane's Daily List of Domains at Auction
- External Auctions section here at NP
- Signature here at NP
- Contact potential end-users inviting them to auction
- My Twitter account (but don't post only links to auctions, post some other content as well)
- Change DNS to Flippa nameservers

•••
In above post @koskov explained in detail.
I'll add all the social media sites (Facebook, , Twitter, etc,..)
and marketing is universal so wherever you think you can get clients.

•••
Thank you for your suggestions :) I'll definitely try them.

•••

Last edited:
•••
I sold Voyeuristically.com, Internet-Computers.com and ProxyOxy.com for $1 and learned the hard way never to auction a domain for $1 with no reserve.
Really sorry, but how much you hoped to bank for these three? I think $3 is a very good price for all. Just can't imagine any end user for them. Sorry again.

•••
No reserve auctions are indeed pretty risky. However, if you list good names (not like the one in my signature, lol :) ) and promote them properly, you get a great number of bids.

•••
@golan I registered these domains last year when just started domaining. Everyone has registered bad names.
I think there are worst domains that are very high priced.

•••
@golan I registered these domains last year when just started domaining. Everyone has registered bad names.
I think there are worst domains that are very high priced.
Totally agree, i also have quite a few bad ones. I just say that i wouldn't sell them on Flippa, let them expire... And you surely are in a loss, auction costs $9, right? :-/

•••
Last year I was new, There was a no reserve auction for "Reader.Market"
I bid $1 thinking that I'll get outbid as Hugedomains was selling Readermarket.com for $2k and Estibot value for Reader.Market was around (2.5k) and it really was a great name for amazon affiliate website.

30 days later I won the domain for a dollar. I still have the domain name with me. So yeah, people do get domains for a dollar. Some people don't even accept payments as it only a dollar.

•••
I also sold a domain for $1 at Flippa one year ago. I got my $1 and I transferred the domain to the winner. Reputation is more important than money.

•••
I also sold a domain for $1 at Flippa one year ago. I got my $1 and I transferred the domain to the winner. Reputation is more important than money.

Indeed, reputation is important than money! It is what going to help you to sell big in future.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back