Dynadot

question Are ICO's (Initial Coin Offerings) Dead or Alive?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Since the banning of ICO ads on Facebook and Google and most likely many more to come.

Are ICO's dead in the water now?

I personally believe that this ban is good news for ICO websites actually. Because this ban on stop on going ICO's so if you are smart and create and ICO promo website you can stand to make some good money.

who know's? maybe get some free tokens in return for being their affiliate and sending them buyers for their ICO's?

At that's what I think.

what do you think?

Anyone invested in any ICO domains?

If so are anyone of you worried?

while you are at it why not share your ICO domains?

If Google bans ICO's. will they omit ICO related websites based on their domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMO, it's a good thing :xf.smile:. Banning of crypto stream on social media and search engines will create natural channels aka DOMAIN(s). My observation predicts, that there will be a strong demand of Crypto domain(s) in upcoming days. It will be like a sunami warning on Weather NamePros channel :ROFL:.

As for Crypto/ICO domain(s) I currently own the following in my portfolio; am I affraid I'm not going to find the buyers? Let's give a Time ⌚ little Time⌛ :sneaky:.

CRYPTOTECHCOM COMBO EZPZYO.png

CryptoIndeed.jpg
BTÇ QR.png

TokenClown.com.png

CryptoKB.png
bloXchain.xyz.jpg

CryptoSSD.com.png

•••
And demand for "" chain "keyword will be higher than crypto IMO

•••
IMO, it's a good thing :xf.smile:. Banning of crypto stream on social media and search engines will create natural channels aka DOMAIN(s). My observation predicts, that there will be a strong demand of Crypto domain(s) in upcoming days.
What's your observation based on?

It will certainly raise the demand for highly related traffic domains, but I don't think that those thousands of domain names from the crypto sector we all hold, will suddenly get soaked up by the industry.
If you own websites with good traffic, or again if you own related traffic domains, with a littlebit of legwork you can get a bite from their marketing budget. But this is not about Google bringing back EMDs into their search engine algorithms.

•••
What's your observation based on?

It will certainly raise the demand for highly related traffic domains, but I don't think that those thousands of domain names from the crypto sector we all hold, will suddenly get soaked up by the industry.
If you own websites with good traffic, or again if you own related traffic domains, with a littlebit of legwork you can get a bite from their marketing budget. But this is not about Google bringing back EMDs into their search engine algorithms.

#1. Well, I'm in a buisness of Domain "Names" not websites, traffic or affiliation. #2. My observation is based on Trends in Crypto Community. #3. It's a human nature when someone has to take a dump and they can't find a restroom because of "traffic" they go back to very basics and they still take a dump someplace that's "unbranded" and has "no traffic".

Lastly here's some homework, tell us how many domain names with Keyword(s) "Block", "Chain", "Token", "Crypto", "Ledger", we're sold in the month of March alone? Now tell us how many of the domains sold for $99+ had any "Traffic" and which "keyword" was a hot seller? (y)

"Opinions are trash, Facts are financial"

•••
Since the banning of ICO ads on Facebook and Google and most likely many more to come.

Are ICO's dead in the water now?

I personally believe that this ban is good news for ICO websites actually. Because this ban on stop on going ICO's so if you are smart and create and ICO promo website you can stand to make some good money.

who know's? maybe get some free tokens in return for being their affiliate and sending them buyers for their ICO's?

At that's what I think.

what do you think?

Anyone invested in any ICO domains?

If so are anyone of you worried?

while you are at it why not share your ICO domains?

If Google bans ICO's. will they omit ICO related websites based on their domains?

Like with anything the void will be filled.

•••
#1. Well, I'm in a buisness of Domain "Names" not websites, traffic or affiliation. #2. My observation is based on Trends in Crypto Community. #3. It's a human nature when someone has to take a dump and they can't find a restroom because of "traffic" they go back to very basics and they still take a dump someplace that's "unbranded" and has "no traffic".

Lastly here's some homework, tell us how many domain names with Keyword(s) "Block", "Chain", "Token", "Crypto", "Ledger", we're sold in the month of March alone? Now tell us how many of the domains sold for $99+ had any "Traffic" and which "keyword" was a hot seller? (y)

"Opinions are trash, Facts are financial"

Yeah but what makes you think they gonna dump their stuff into domains instead of something else?
Don't get me wrong we sit on the same bandwagon, I'm just having a sort of moderate scepticism when it comes to say, if not Google and Facebook, it will be domain names, because I think it's more complex than that.

Sure we had a lot of sales in march, but most of them was auctions, for domainers, and some about 15% was end user sales. What I'm interested about is what channel end users gonna use if not traditional advertisements, and if domains will be a part of their new alternatives, what makes you think that domains will face an even larger demand? I'm just curious on what people are researching, as I might learn something new.

Last edited:
•••
I wish I had reg more crypto+keyword.coms.

Back then just saw no value in "crypto" as a term. Coin or bit maybe. Then block and chain later.

Here's a good question. Do you guys feel you can afford to be "greedy" in this niche? Or take what you can get?

So are ICO's dead?

•••

Back then just saw no value in "crypto" as a term. Coin or bit maybe. Then block and chain later.

Here's a good question. Do you guys feel you can afford to be "greedy" in this niche? Or take what you can get?

So are ICO's dead?

ICO's got bad reputation at the moment and it could take some time to recover but the good news is more then 5% of the world's population is now aware of Crypto-Currencey, Tokens, BlockChain Smart Contract Technology so yeah it's unstopable (y) and definetly not dead.

Here's something worth watching.

•••

So are ICO's dead?

When I say this niche I meant "ico" domains.

I see someone disliked this questions. But it's a pretty fair question to ask given the circumstances.

•••
ICO's got bad reputation at the moment and it could take some time to recover but the good news is more then 5% of the world's population is now aware of Crypto-Currencey, Tokens, BlockChain Smart Contract Technology so yeah it's unstopable (y) and definetly not dead.

Here's something worth watching.

I guess the real question that should be asked is.

"When and how did IPO's become legit?"

Regulation?

•••
I guess the real question that should be asked is.

"When and how did IPO's become legit?"

Regulation?

Offcourse the government wants a piece of pie :greedy:.

•••
Regulations will weed out the good from the bad.

•••
Here are my ico domains.

ICOPICK.COM
24ICO.COM
ICOSEEK.COM
ICOFACT.COM
ICOZOOM.COM

what's your ICO domains.

•••
Yeah but what makes you think they gonna dump their stuff into domains instead of something else?
Don't get me wrong we sit on the same bandwagon, I'm just having a sort of moderate scepticism when it comes to say, if not Google and Facebook, it will be domain names, because I think it's more complex than that.

Sure we had a lot of sales in march, but most of them was auctions, for domainers, and some about 15% was end user sales. What I'm interested about is what channel end users gonna use if not traditional advertisements, and if domains will be a part of their new alternatives, what makes you think that domains will face an even larger demand? I'm just curious on what people are researching, as I might learn something new.

Good points, well I don't see Crypto Kiosks or Vending Machines coming to the neighborhood markets anytime soon :xf.rolleyes:.

As to how Crypto Domain Marketing will go about without the search engines or social media, simply put NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF INVENTION.

Here's a history lesson, just look at the timeline of file sharing platforms LINK HERE. Pay close attention to the 90's timeline, how did they gain publicity without Search Engines or Social Media? It's a no brainier, word of mouth is the best form of Marketing to date.
Word-of-Mouth.jpg

Now if the domain name investors are buying our crypto domain names, so be it! As long bandwagon crew is getting laid :woot:. Domain investors are smart people, they've done their research while some people are still trying to learn how to spell Crypto, BlockChain :bookworm:

To be a sucessful domainer, you need to learn How Do Street Smarts See The World?

21294533_126256614687979_3202979574753263616_n.jpg

•••
Seems like one the next hot area is Initial Exchange Offerings.... Look it up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back