question Are Geo Domains Valuable?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dylanc

Account Closed
Impact
Are geo domains valuable? Especially those with word + city/country

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
because the key words in the domain name match the type in words people use in the search box, predictive of the results order in the search result?
Which supposedly predicts the likelihood that a end user will select your website to visit?
search engine optimization structures a site built on the repetition of those keywords and top ranking related keywords to engineer an even higher topmost position in any search result for the site.
the URL with the most exact match to the top result combos theoretically have the best advantage.
That's what I would have said.

hope this helps.

Last edited:
•••
Can you elaborate mr Harrist on the usefulness of a good domain to seo? You can use a geo example to keep in line with this thread I'm sorta hijacking.

Would like to fine tune my salespitch in explaining why a good keyword domain is good for SEO.

I never could explain it and sound legit.

The extent or furthest I ever go is " buy this domain. Perfect for SEO!"

Like what the hell does that even mean? I was asked by some exec I got on the phone with.
looked like a total idiot! Lol

in seo there are two things that most seo will focus! on page and off page! good domain mean easy to optimize! it mean easy on page! and if we buy EMD domain, such geo or etc.for example, my domain are harrist,com I want first page for keywords cheap hosting in LA! no matter what, it will be hard for me! unless I have huge backlink, such as amazon or FB! but it will be less effective! but if I buy emd domain, I can get first page with less backlink and not to worry about on page,!

sure amazon can get easy keywords! but when I come to SERP, I can outrank amazon! some experts can tweak brandable domain, by optimize page 1 by one! I think amazon do that! but it will cost a lot! and to optimize page 1 by 1 are hard, you need to understand the in and out about seo! so it will be headache for their SEO to optimize 1 by 1! and it's nightmare!

and personally, if I have big budget! i prefer to buy EMD rather than 1 by 1 page and pay ppl! still I have to pay thousand dollar!

Last edited:
•••
in seo there are two things that most seo will focus! on page and off page! good domain mean easy to optimize! it mean easy on page! and if we buy EMD domain, such geo or etc.for example, my domain are harrist,com I want first page for keywords cheap hosting in LA! no matter what, it will be hard for me! unless I have huge backlink, such as amazon or FB! but it will be less effective! but if I buy emd domain, I can get first page with less backlink and not to worry about on page,!

sure amazon can get easy keywords! but when I come to SERP, I can outrank amazon! some experts can tweak brandable domain, by optimize page 1 by one! I think amazon do that! but it will cost a lot! and to optimize page 1 by 1 are hard, you need to understand the in and out about seo! so it will be headache for their SEO to optimize 1 by 1! and it's nightmare!

and personally, if I have big budget! i prefer to buy EMD rather than 1 by 1 page and pay ppl! still I have to pay thousand dollar!

but hasn't Google with Algorithm after algorithm and more down the road algorithm changing the benefits of EMD for SEO?

or still the same?

I hear when Google makes changes to algo. Everyone who are making money gaming the system. end up losing money over night.

is an EMD exempt from such horror?

what do you say to a potential buyer who says to EMD domains are valuable for SEO and they say "eeehh I don't see that as a good enough excuse to pay $5000-$10,000 for that domain. when I could just buy....

EMD1.com or 1EMD.com or 360EMD.com or EMD360 etc etc. Same thing!"

is that true?

•••
google never said they will banned emd! they just said they will loose their emd weight! that's all! I have to admit, EMD no link actually have no value! but big company know the real value of EMD! and I am sure most ppl in here now the true value of EMD! ask them, I am sure you'llget the answer!

•••
i have southchile.com

how much likely will it cost? Been searching keyword planner in google and it shows searches 100k-1m.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back