IT.COM

question Are .blog domains worth registering these days

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Are .blog domains worth registering these days? I see that NameBio is only reporting 8 sales so far and all are single word (except one two-word German name).

What's the worth of CITY.blog where city is somewhat famous/popular?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This TLD is a question of luck only.

•••
Yeah this is what I also think so. I think it has run out of steam and I don't see much chances of it.

•••
I think that .blog will be successful as a TLD in the sense of significant use, but less clear that they are good domain investments since it seems to me that the main clientele are not going to spend that much for a domain name. Also at standard renewal rates of $23+ it is hard to justify long holding. I see some sense in great words if can get at reasonable prices and try hard to sell them for a year or two then drop if no interest.

One could argue that the TLD is already a success use wise with 185,000 plus registrations only 32% of which are parked and with very decent renew rates.

Bob

(ps I do not, and never have personally had, any .blog domain names although have tracked the parameters on the extension. It is one of those I might get a few of if I see an opportunity.)

•••
The problem with .blog is that it is not some new word or tech that has future potential like vr, ar and even crypto. It's old word and even after that the domain is not very popular so this shows that there isn't much in it. But that only 32% parked domain thing is nice which means there is money in development.

•••
Back