Dynadot

Are affiliate programs more profitable than AdSense?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Affiliate programes always look enticing because they pay large amounts of money, but are they really, more profitable than PPC (e.g. adsense)?

I can see them working on very high volume websites, but what about lowish volume (say 100-200 visitors/day)? Are they worth a try?

I'd be interested in anyone's actual experience, rather than just guesswork!

ccjs problem mortgage
MicroSD

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To some degree it can depend on the market. There are markets where there aren't affiliate programs and Adsense works better. BUT for the most part affiliate programs will earn more even on a site that does not get a ton of traffic. I have had affiliates in the past test in and they earned more with affiliate programs.

Having said that, it depends on the affiliate program's conversion rates, but with a good affiliate program you should easily make more than Adsense in most markets.

•••
It also depends on your site and how effectively you promote the program. If your plan is to toss up a page of minimal/poor content with a bunch of affiliate banners, you're better off sticking to adsense.

However if you build a site which provides value to your visitors and present the merchant(s) as a solution to a problem rather than overwhelming them with ads, you can almost always do far better than with adsense.

•••
affiliate can earn you quickly and with much less effort, on the other hand adsense is a little bit slow but much more reliable

•••
market and traffic source

Depends on the market (subject of your website) and the source of your traffic.

If you are getting people who are coming from "action" keywords (buy, compare, shop etc) and your site offers something similar to the search terms you can make some good money.

Even if you have a hobby site thats very specific (tin boat collecting-one example) you can likely find some Ebay auctions that appeal to your audience and you can sign up at Ebay as an affiliate.

•••
I will always go for the reliability so to me adsense is much good .

•••
Affiliate programs are more profitable than adsense.That's the reason why they Buy Adword PPC to promote their affiliate links. And Yes,it also lose more money then Adsense.

•••
Yes they are more profitable than any of the PPC on the internet. But only when you are getting visitors more than 1K per day, it will be a profitable job for you. till then stick on to adsense and try building more links so that more traffic comes t your site :)

•••
But only when you are getting visitors more than 1K per day, i

Nonsense!

Case in point: I had a $1795 sale on one of my sites the other day. That's $89.75 commission. Earlier in the month the site produced a $500 sale for a merchant who pays better - I believe that was around $60. This site has had only 510 visitors this entire month, pure organic search.

(in case anyone thinks I'm making this up ...)

Image1.gif

This site wouldn't have gotten anywhere's NEAR those kind of results with Adsense. However (as Linda said earlier) there are sites and topics which are difficult to monetize with affiliate programs and that's where Adsense will do better.

It's about making the right choices for YOUR site.

Last edited:
•••
Depends on your site, but anyway it is a great option"""!!!:):wave:

•••
Earning from affiliate programs totally depends upon the nature of your site (niche) and the visitors you are getting. I mean if you've a big traffic but from countries that are not developed, chances are that you wont make anything or something that'll make a big difference. By the way, it is always better to take risk as there's no reward without risk. Give it a try and look if it works for you.

•••
I agree, it depends on your website or blog. You may have a lot of traffic but that traffic may not be people looking to buy products, so adsense would earn more. Or you may have a website with low traffic, but due to the websites topic and keywords used, these people may be looking to buy something, so an affiliate program will earn you more cash.

•••
where can i get full details about affiliate marketing can anyone guide me pls

•••
as my experience, the answer is affiliate programme.

•••
Adsense is pretty slow. With affiliate programs you can earn large amounts very quickly.

•••
I have both Affiliate and AdSense website. I think that for high traffic website, AdSense earn more that Affiliate.

For small niche website, affiliate can give you more especially if you target on high-priced product. Some can be as much as $100 per item.

•••
It depends on your niche. For some niches like books and entertainment you can't earn much with AdSense. But can earn better with affiliates like Amazon.

•••
Affiliate programes always look enticing because they pay large amounts of money, but are they really, more profitable than PPC (e.g. adsense)?

I can see them working on very high volume websites, but what about lowish volume (say 100-200 visitors/day)? Are they worth a try?

I'd be interested in anyone's actual experience, rather than just guesswork!

There are so many things to consider. Like what affiliate program is used, what are the sources of traffic etc.

For me, affiliate program earnings are less compared to the money I earn via adsense. But the best thing to do is to use both affiliate programs plus adsense. That way, profits can be maximized.

•••
they can be. I think hostgator ads are everywhere because their payout it awsome

•••
I agree with you dear,
Its very helpful for me and my friends. I will share this with another to provide them a very useful information.

•••
There are definitely some good comments on this thread, it has given me a lot to think about. Both have pros and cons, I guess it just depends on the individual site.

•••
I think depends on your site and how effectively you promote.

•••
I am bit confused about affiliating coz how will you know that a person clicked and bought something in your site ?

•••
Hi!
It depends on your site. Many sites do well with Adsense, while some have more luck with affiliate programs.

The BEST is to combine the two in order to have a more diversified revenue sources.

The key, though with affiliate programs, is to make sure that these are the products and services that your target audiences are interested in.

With Amazon — you need a lot of sales to be able to make it worthwhile. Amazon Associates program can give you up to 8% commission (less if the item bought is the one that is not clicked on), which means you can see commissions as low as $0.10 or even less — so you either have to focus on high priced items, get a lot of traffic, and improve integration of ads with your site to improve sales.

Good luck to you!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back