IT.COM

domain Appraise - msftstock.com - estibot says $7,000?!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Asking for a reasonable appraisal for msftstock.com

Estibot has the domain name listed at $7,000

Could it possibly be worth that much initially? even without being developed?

Not sure why this is valued so high? any reasons behind this?

Intentional purpose of buying this, and its meaning: I figured that stock ticker (acronyms) / names aren't "trademarked" and people search for them on a daily basis to check on their stocks. msftstock.com could possible be a landing page to check the overall performance, news, charts of MSFT '"Microsoft" stock.

parked:sedo.com
registrar:godaddy.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No value in this one

Never check Estibot values, total waste of time.

The fact that its an abbreviation for "Microsoft Stock" really devalues this name, nobody will want to buy it for that reason.

•••
When it's referring to the ticker MSFT + stock, I think it holds some value.

Same thing with Hulu stock, HULUstock, people search for ticker names sometimes when they are looking for stock.

•••
And why would this be appraised at $7000? It's going off of some tool to put out that high of number. I usually get $0-$1800

•••
And why would this be appraised at $7000? It's going off of some tool to put out that high of number. I usually get $0-$1800

Its Esibot, its just random numbers, I have good names that Estibot values at $10 and then crap names that is values at $10K, its best to just avoid all automated evaluation tools

When it's referring to the ticker MSFT + stock, I think it holds some value.

Always ask yourself "Who would buy this name off me?" when registering names. Does it have commercial value?

Last edited:
•••
@gileyscoley, would it be a better idea to use it as a lander page with a stock ticker plugin for msft + chart, throw some affiliates up and updated MSFT stock news? See if I could get some revenue that way?

•••
UDRP risk outweighs any redeeming quality of this name. See NAF case FA1103001377330, highlights below:
Complainant further alleges the <msftc.com>, <msftcompany.com>, <msftcorp.com>, and <msftnet.com> domain names are confusingly similar to its MICROSOFT mark ... “MSFT” is the NASDAQ stock exchange abbreviation for its MICROSOFT mark. Complainant argues that Respondent fully incorporates this abbreviation in the <msftc.com>, <msftcompany.com>, <msftcorp.com>, and <msftnet.com> domain names … DECISION ... the Panel concludes that relief shall be GRANTED.

•••
@gileyscoley, would it be a better idea to use it as a lander page with a stock ticker plugin for msft + chart, throw some affiliates up and updated MSFT stock news? See if I could get some revenue that way?

Most people will just search Microsoft Stock and it shows it in Google. I don't think it will earn you anything.

upload_2019-10-24_12-57-57.png

•••
Potential TM issue. No practical use.

$0.

Brad

•••
Negative VALUe. Cuz when msft wants it,...u gonna pay

So trash this crap and stop registering nonsense. focus focus!

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back