Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riffat

Established Member
Impact
Hi people of Namepros,
I am relatively new on this platform and want to know more about the domain name industry. Please give me an estimate of the aforementioned domain name as I want to know its potential value. Also please provide me with the factors you people take into account while evaluating a domain's worth. It would be wonderful if you could reason your valuations.
Thank you and stay safe.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Not bad, if SEO'd correctly it will be worth something
I would say $300.00
Do not renew it

•••
I don't see value in this name and I wouldn't register it if I saw it on a drop list.

•••
I'd price it at around $450-$750.

There are only a handful of similar named sites, and no active/popular websites found with "areaweather" as part of the domain.

upload_2020-6-7_21-58-10.png

Domains ending in weather sell for decent amounts according to NameBio, and I sold FastWeather//com in 2008 for $2,050, which subsequently sold to someone later in the month at over $3k. There are not many sales showing for domains starting with "myarea", so that is the main negative with this one.

Considering AreaWeather(dot)com is listed at $180,000, the domain would be a good alternative for someone wanting that name.

•••
I would say $699
Thank you for your opinion:xf.smile:. May I know what was in your mind while you evaluated my domain? Or is it that the number just striked in your head when you saw it?

•••
Not bad, if SEO'd correctly it will be worth something
I would say $300.00
Do not renew it
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "SEO'd correctly". What exactly am I supposed to do to make my domain more valuable? Although thank you very much for your opinion.

•••
I don't see value in this name and I wouldn't register it if I saw it on a drop list.
Because the phrase doesn't just make sense? It may as well be so. It could be a website where people can talk about the weather conditions in their area or it could be developed into a weather alert website for small regions. I don't know, there could be some pretty cool things that can be done with it imo.

•••
I'd price it at around $450-$750.

There are only a handful of similar named sites, and no active/popular websites found with "areaweather" as part of the domain.

Show attachment 157303

Domains ending in weather sell for decent amounts according to NameBio, and I sold FastWeather//com in 2008 for $2,050, which subsequently sold to someone later in the month at over $3k. There are not many sales showing for domains starting with "myarea", so that is the main negative with this one.

Considering AreaWeather(dot)com is listed at $180,000, the domain would be a good alternative for someone wanting that name.
Thank you so so much for such a detailed explanation. I can't appreciate it less. You have given me some valuable tips to consider while evaluating a domain. I felt satisfied after reading your post.
Again, thank you. Also how would you recommend me to sell the domain? Through Flippa auction, Godaddy premium listing, Sedo listing, or what?
Thank you for your valuable opinion!:xf.smile:

•••
Thank you so so much for such a detailed explanation. I can't appreciate it less. You have given me some valuable tips to consider while evaluating a domain. I felt satisfied after reading your post.
Again, thank you. Also how would you recommend me to sell the domain? Through Flippa auction, Godaddy premium listing, Sedo listing, or what?
Thank you for your valuable opinion!:xf.smile:

I'm glad it was what you were looking for.

As far as selling, I had a pretty good summary in the post below:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...r-selling-domains.1129585/page-2#post-7194467

•••
@Riffat For sure, you could do tons of cool weather sites! I'm not sure if people want to gather on a site to talk about the weather in their area, but if anyone wanted a website about that, this would be the perfect name for it.

Just feels like a long-shot to me..

Last edited:
•••
@Riffat For sure, you could do tons of cool weather sites! I'm not sure if people want to gather on a site to talk about the weather in their area, but if anyone wanted a website about that, this would be the perfect name for it.

Just feels like a long-shot to me..
I get your point of view, thank you for that!:xf.smile:(y)

•••
To clarify, if a website is built on it, it might be worth something. S
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "SEO'd correctly". What exactly am I supposed to do to make my domain more valuable? Although thank you very much for your opinion.

If you build a website only, have it 1st on google, you can build alot traffic, and get some type of monetization going there like ads, or selling your own products.

•••
To clarify, if a website is built on it, it might be worth something. S

If you build a website only, have it 1st on google, you can build alot traffic, and get some type of monetization going there like ads, or selling your own products.
I understand, thank you!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back