Dynadot

discuss .app sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Premiums

find.venturesTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The .app domain extension seems to make some people here very angry?!

O_o
Indeed. Not just angry, but pure belligerence seemingly out of no where, constantly attempting to railroad every .APP related thread into an argument. Forcibly trying to turn people's opinions just because they don't agree with someone liking a domain or an extension. No one's forcing anyone to buy domains, you don't need to "help" we're clearly all unanimously agreed that it's speculation! Arguing it out is futile.

Talk is cheap, we heard the same thing from the people that brought us .horse, they ended up being kicked out from their own company a few years later.
Clearly .APP isn't like .HORSE at all - pull the other one. :lookaround:

U will come to know soon.
Looking forward to hearing the details!

Last edited:
•••
deal probably will finalise in a few days will reveal the price once finilise but but in good price.
Sales thread..
Not a "deal will probably finalize" thread..
When you have the money and they have their name, its a sale.
Plenty of other .app threads for application appetites..
Pure speculation on my part. Just a trading theory you might say. It's much more technical than you might think but I do think we are going to see a shift from .com..
What does .app offer that .com doesn't, other than a targeted extension? Much more narrower word, not made to be as broad as .com. Just like most other new gTLDs. None will ever "replace" .com, and this so-called shift will be imperceptible at best in the short-term. In general, apps are a pain in the ass, limited to mobile devices and limited in functionality, and are only a sliver of what a computing program is capable of. An app is not even a website, but a secondary function to one.

•••
Indeed. Not just angry, but pure belligerence seemingly out of no where, constantly attempting to railroad every .APP related thread into an argument. Forcibly trying to turn people's opinions just because they don't agree with someone liking a domain or an extension. No one's forcing anyone to buy domains, you don't need to "help" we're clearly all unanimously agreed that it's speculation! Arguing it out is futile.

Clearly .APP isn't like .HORSE at all - pull the other one. :lookaround:

Looking forward to hearing the details!
Yes, .horse has twice the amount of documented sales to date, I would deem most .app registrations with $500+ annual renewals to be a bad investment going forward.

Having dealt with many of the pure keywords in .com, I get to see a lot of the data, and many companies are not paying up for direct app domains, they are just hand registering more creatively within those keywords, along with the fact if they want to go the gtld route they have access to 1000 other extensions.

Most people were counting their profits just based of the hype of other investors instead of actual sales to end users. Remember many end users will pay a registry directly X amount, but will never pay a domainer any single amount. This is not true for all, but when playing in such an expensive space it is an important fact to remember.

Last edited:
•••
Like ANY other investment, it's speculative. Invest what you believe to be appropriate, and within your means.

If you're able to snag up some new gTLDs for cheap, being that 95% of my acquisitions were under $20...and my highest premium cost was low-$xxx THEN WHY THE HELL NOT.

I got DLT.app for $128 in EAP. You can swing your pitchforks all you'd like, but who here wouldn't try and acquire names of similar quality/pricing?

If it doesn't pan out in a year or two, well, then move on. Cut your REASONABLE losses, and still profit from your other investments (non- ngTLD's).

I agree that people went wayyyy overboard, and like any other extension, reg'd a bunch of sh*t.

BUT, for those of us with a solid grasp of the English language and established/ emerging trends, some of these investments have a MUCH better chance of paying off.

Just my $0.03 and I obviously hope to see some sales, but if not, OH WELL.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for all the sales updates
deal probably will finalise in a few days will reveal the price once finilise but but in good price.
Still waiting, probably?

•••
•••
Personally, I think that BTCPRO.APP sounds much better than BTCPROAPP.COM does. Adding the .com just makes it confusing. The .APP gtld makes it sound much smoother and much more professional.

of course, .app was created for the app. I am afraid if btcproapp.com will be confusing

•••
Host.app has a bid of €12000
On Sedo 7 day auction

•••
Host.app has a bid of €12000
On Sedo 7 day auction
Whoever purchased it paid $12K EAP, plus $250 annual renewal.

After paying sedo at that price, they would be under.

•••
Whoever purchased it paid $12K EAP, plus $250 annual renewal.

After paying sedo at that price, they would be under.
No such look there I'm afraid. It was registered at 2018-05-02T23:33:14Z so more like $3k EAP.

•••
We have just sold Tips.app for 5000 USD on Sedo. We bought a showcase for this domain (59€) to attract buyers. I don't know if this could have been done better, maybe with an auction or putting the price higher?

•••
•••
C8BB77E0-A9AD-499B-B47E-8CA41D622CC7.png
C35B2B50-7C1D-45A3-9B1C-A5D009FCBAD5.png
3A657347-061C-4106-AEB0-D19452475CE3.png
Bids on .App at Sedo quite a lot off bid for .App domains .

•••
Thanks! So "gays.app" wasn't sold for 1 million like it was assumed?

Also, it's interesting that people bid on "realestate.app", because we also own "realestates.app" which should be better to sell.

•••
dl.app $50k why???:xf.eek:
Even if it may stand for DownLoad still...

•••
dl.app $50k why???:xf.eek:
Even if it may stand for DownLoad still...

Also it's EUR, not USD, so it's like 59.000 USD. I also wonder who buys that?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Thanks! So "gays.app" wasn't sold for 1 million like it was assumed?

Also, it's interesting that people bid on "realestate.app", because we also own "realestates.app" which should be better to sell.
It was Gay.app not Gays.app that's being discussed.

Realestates is NOT more valuable than RealEstate.

Also, "DL" could stand for Distributed Ledger(s)...a very hot & valuable sector. (not to mention the countless other "DL" end-users out there...)

I own DLT.app (distributed ledger technology) and I'm not surprised by the asking price of DL.app

*Not saying that prices are justified, but you should definitely have a firm grasp of the English language, and also a worldly-viewpoint concerning trends, acronyms, etc..

Last edited:
•••
Below is off Nambio.....

rn.app 15,000 USD 2018-06-06 Sedo
hedgefund.app 251 USD 2018-06-01 Flippa

Couldn't see them listed on this thread

My own 2 cents.....The release of a new extension reminds me of a bubble and I have seen it all before in other markets/industries. There is a window of opportunity, but in the long term proven asset classes always provide a better long term return (dependent on your judgement of course!) getting rich quick is the exception rather than the norm.

•••
Downloading an app will be obsolete by 2023. Apps will be streamed to devices and from objects to devices.

What sources or research do you have to back up such a claim?

•••
Granted, that claim is a tad ridiculous especially with a specified year. However what can be said is that Google is pushing towards experiences that needn't be downloaded (Instant apps, PWA), its pretty much all they banged on about thay their little conference thingy. I think the point is a tad moot though. A website can be an app, take Discord for example. It isn't uncommon for web apps to be referred to or presented as apps (Facebook web apps being a big one).

If you're going to choose .app to present your web app on, good for you. I'm considering it for my next project because I want it to be presented as a SPA - but I have the .com too just for good measure :).

•••

I'm of the "Trader" mentality, so I'm always trying to predict future trends in markets and prepare for them in advance. This is just my theory and I'm buying some good domains based on that theory. What you are going to see is a fundamental shift in the way that devices communicate, share and transfer information. I believe that is Googles intention behind the ".app" tld. It will take years to come into play, and the lag time will be for development of .app domains and increasing the market presence of the .app purchase to be developed. A company like Samsung for example, will always be the .com because the .com is the powerhouse, it's who the company is and what they do. The .app's will come into play for specific products that companies develop that will run on these new smart grids or whatever you want to call them. The .app domains come into play because they will be the platform for any given product. This is how the smart grids or systems like Alexa will incorporate other companies products and exchange data back and forth independent of Alexa. So Samsung would want to use a name like HdTv.app, which would link it's television product to the Samsung.com parent company network. They won't really be "Apps", they will be live streaming networks that run 24-7. It makes more sense to link a big .com's companies streaming technology via a .app domain rather than a .com since it's essentially fueling that particular product.

This is my theory, I didn't get it from watching Google propaganda or anything else. Just like buying Apple stock at $60 and watching it go to over $1,000. Good names are essentially ".APP Stock" if you think about it.

•••
Where have you got the idea about smart grids. Is there somewhere you read that? Why would it be a specific domain extension, like .app, if it's something that Alexa uses? Applications that run on Alexa make domains redundant in the most part, why would anyone care which domains the traffic runs over?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back