NameSilo

domain ApartmentsLondon.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Matt Holden

VIP Member
Impact
Just wanted some advice/valuation on a domain I just purchased.

ApartmentsLondon.com

In peoples opinion would I be best to build out a lead gen site on it, get it ranked then sell it. Or as its a highly competitive area just look to flip the domain for the best offer?

Any advice really appreciated.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
London real estate is a good target :!: even if it is a local market. But London is very huge :!:

The plural "s" hurts it a bit.

•••
thanks for your point, Google seems to refer the plural when typing it.

what are your thoughts in regard to building out a site as apposed to simply selling the domain as it is.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 18.59.00.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 18.59.00.png
    28 KB · Views: 27
•••
thanks for your point, Google seems to refer the plural when typing it.

Think when you are typing it... Google doesn't distinguish between singular/plural.

what are your thoughts in regard to building out a site as apposed to simply selling the domain as it is.

A domain name is worth exactly what a buyer is willing to pay for it, no more and no less.

Or, depending on how much you need the money more than you need the domain.

Said that...

ApartmentsLondon.com

Generally, there are two business model:

- long term investment, it is enough a landing page-> find/wait the right End-user: 5.000-10.000$

- flipping -> reseller/domainer, low price: more less than above...

nycapartmentsrent.com 12,401 USD - 2015-03-07 - Flippa
IMHO, this is an awkward domain name

•••
nycapartmentsrent.com 12,401 USD - 2015-03-07 - Flippa
IMHO, this is an awkward domain name[/QUOTE]

This has to be the sale of the century. Never has so much been paid for so little.

On to the domain. London apartments would be much better. I think mid-low $xx re-seller value for your domain.

•••
London is the more expernsive real estate market in the world!!

•••
Yes but he's fighting with some big guns for traffic and I can't see the site getting much action in such a massive money market with a 2nd rate domain, which unfortunately this is.

It's the wrong way round. I'm not paying $1m+ for a house through a lead on that site. If I'm a buyer and I've got that cash, I'm going to a trusted major brand name. If you seo and develop the heck out of it I can see $xxx at best.

Just my thoughts...

•••
NewYorkApartmentsForSale com $42,000 - Jan 12 - Sedo

RomeApartments com $15,000 - Feb 12 - Sedo

Yes, not recently sales.

If I were the owmer of the domain, I would manage it at best.:$:

•••
Both of the sales above have apartments after the location. These are not comparable.

•••
Both of the sales above have apartments after the location. These are not comparable.

I'd also prefer the location in the first place.

But work out with Google

london apartments -> 218.000.000

apartments london -> 307.000.000

These are the data!

•••
A buyer will pay for credibility and a trusted name that makes sense.

Lots of really big sales are made with domains that have no searches in google and vice versa.

•••
appreciate the feedback guys, i certainly feel their is alot more value than $XX. London property is still in a boom and the rental market more so. Plus the short stay overnight rental market for luxury apartments instead of hotels is another potential use for end user and popular in London.

I think i will look to develop out a micro lead gen site to demonstrate potential and seek a flip to end user.

•••
Apartments.London is taken, so you could try approaching the owner to see if he is interested in it.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back