NameSilo

Anyone with a domain from DirectI...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If you own a .com or a .net, is it currently down?

I got an email a few days ago talking about downtime on all .com's and .net's registered at DirectI, anyone having this problem? I sure am, and it scared the hell out of me. I thought or still do think that someone hacked my account. We'll see in a few hours though..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
how does that work?... a registrar going down shouldn't kill your domains... does it?

•••
I'm not sure... here's the email I got:

Dear Reseller,

We have just been notified that, the Verisign [.COM/.NET] Registry will be undergoing maintenance, as per the schedule listed at http://forums.webhosting.info/t-885/?.

We realise that the Registry has announced this maintenance window on a very short notice, and regret the inconvenience caused. We hope you will similarly urgently advise your Customers/Sub-Resellers. We will be sending you another notice 24 hours before scheduled downtime.

Cheers,

Saurabh Pande
Senior Team Lead [Level 5]
Customer Relationship Management

Directi.com - The Internet Foundation
Support KB & Help Desk -
http://support.directi.com
==================================
Support Desk (USA): +1 (415) 240 4171/2
Support Desk (India): +91 (22) 5679 7502
Front Desk (India): +91 (22) 5679 7500
FAX (USA): +1 (320) 210 5146
FAX (India): +91 (22) 5679 7508
==================================

This make sense to anyone at all? Or is my website being completely hacked? B/c I am so scared right now...

On my DirectI control panel, it says that the domain status is Active, so it should be working. I'm confused and scared, HELP! SOMEONE HELP AHH

•••
In the link you provided:

You can be assured that, during this outage, all .COM, .NET domain names will continue to resolve properly. Also note that, this downtime affects all Registrars in equal proportion.

and also ....

We have just received notification from the Verisign Registry that the above mentioned Downtime Window has been cancelled.

The internet is designed to survive a nuclear attack. In the words of Bart, don't have a cow, man! :hehe:

•••
it's been cancelled and that was supposedly to be yesterday sunday

anyway it affects all the registrars and not just directi

all is well :)

•••
Then why is my site still down?! B/c the DNS has to update again?

•••
•••
I get this:

Possibly done with x3k.net forever... we'll see though, maybe I'll come back.

-Blade

•••
Not talking about that site! AHH! lol

http://www.anythingtalk.com - Site I'm talking about!

I'm getting even more scared because DirectI says my account is "active" but when I try to login to the FTP, I'm getting an error saying the user/pass is wrong.

•••
Does this mean anything to anyone? B/c I feel it could be my hosts fault, the server might have went corrupt...

Sorry for the double post... it wouldn't let me attach an image if I edited the other post.

•••
The server your site is on is maxxed out. Probably too many websites or processes crammed into a struggling single-processor system. We see this often on cheap webhosting services.

Or maybe you're on the same server as LeeRyder's fxclips, and he's eating all the reources. :hehe: Just kidding, Lee. Don't send your friends over to "talk" to me.

•••
So you're basically saying somebody overloaded the server? But why would this not enable me to even login to the FTP?

•••
Your server's CPU is at 1.83, meaning it is trying to perform 83% more than it is capable of doing. If the server is overloaded like this, then it is forced to deprioritize some programs. At this point, anything could break, even ftp login, since ftp also requires some CPU processing on the server, which it might not get if ftp is deprioritized.

•••
thanx a lot armstrong... you really made me feel better lol, i was so scared for at least an hour... hopefully everythings fine tomorrow... ill let you know.. thanx again man :D i really appreciate it... thank god for namepros

•••
I think the DOWNTIME only refers to the registry, but the existing domains are up. Well, i could be wrong.

•••
no, the existing domains are up... its just the hosting that is down right now... and its just a coincidence that DirectI sent that email at the time i was experiencing a problem... figures...

thanx guys for helping me out! greatly appreciated!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back