NameSilo

Anyone watching this auction??

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

linker

Established Member
Impact
26
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Might be TM issues, but its an intersesting auction to watch.




Spy
 
0
•••
Getting close to the top of it's range...
Great site, TM issues only if the new owner causes them ("Doom" itself won't kill it).
Timely, and very good adsense revenue for essentially a parked page.
-Allan :gl:
 
0
•••
The domain has always been owned by id Software. I'm surprised the gave the domain name away since it's the best possible traffic generator to promote their popular video game series.

Doom.com is no TM issue as is. The owner of the domain just shouldn't sell video games or movies on the site.

This domain is possibly worth high five figures. It's a great traffic domain with a huge potential.
 
0
•••
Great Auction :)

Will keep watching
 
0
•••
Hmm, I wonder how the auction will end :)
 
0
•••
Doom is a generic word. There is 100% nothing wrong with this auction.

Scratch that: It's against AdWords policy to discuss earned revenues (or am I mistaken?). Otherwise, I'd pay anything up to $50,000 for this - more so if the Adword stats are true.
 
0
•••
Archangel said:
Doom is a generic word. There is 100% nothing wrong with this auction.

Scratch that: It's against AdWords policy to discuss earned revenues (or am I mistaken?). Otherwise, I'd pay anything up to $50,000 for this - more so if the Adword stats are true.


You'd be overpaying. Part of the reason for the stats at the moment is that the movie is coming out. The movie will be a flop ( ;) ) and the stats will drop, etc.

-Allan :gl:
 
0
•••
Doom could be used for just about anything I guess.

like DoomDomains ? :)
 
0
•••
i wouldnt be supprised if the move makers somehow purchased it...
 
0
•••
0xide said:
i wouldnt be supprised if the move makers somehow purchased it...

Maybe, But I wouldnt expect that to happen.
 
0
•••
A short, memorable 4 letter word that is also the name of a massive game and a coming out movie... High XX,XXX at the minimum is my guess.
 
0
•••
deet said:
Maybe, But I wouldnt expect that to happen.
The budget of this movie is $70 million. If they would spend $100K on this domain name they would make an excellent deal IMHO. They could resell it later for about the same price.
 
0
•••
True, they would probobbly be able to resell it for even more.
 
0
•••
spy69 said:
Might be TM issues, but its an intersesting auction to watch.




Spy
Really depends when it was registered. Still, as someone said earlier, it is a generic word :)
 
0
•••
I don't see any real TM issues with it,A gem of a 4L.com ,Reserve still not met atm,Iam guessing the reserve is 40K or a little under.Will be interesting to see the end of the auction.The name is already over it's high end value imo.
 
0
•••
I said UP TO. I wouldn't pay anything close to $10k for a domain unless I really needed it. :)

IAmAllanShore said:
You'd be overpaying. Part of the reason for the stats at the moment is that the movie is coming out. The movie will be a flop ( ;) ) and the stats will drop, etc.

-Allan :gl:
 
0
•••
there is nothing wrong with the domain..

that name is very very cool!

my estimate is it wil go up to 21K GBP.
which is around 48K USD....

that is expensive...
:(
 
0
•••
Archangel said:
I said UP TO. I wouldn't pay anything close to $10k for a domain unless I really needed it. :)
Well but this could be an interesting domain for speculators. If you could buy the domain for $50K, optimize it and earn a steady $2K per month from it, and resell it for perhaps > $100K in a few years you can say you've made a good investment.

I guess however it will reach > $70K today.
 
0
•••
It ended at US $29,904.52 and the reserve was not met... That is a lot of $$$

:o
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back