Dynadot

Anyone tried Domainero.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
Its billed as a tool to aid in outreach for selling domains. I am currently trying it and just launched my first campaign. Essentially Domainero finds similar sites to the one you want to sell. Then you can draft a template email and send to the previously identified sites. Too early to tell if it's worthwhile, but I wondered if anyone else has tried it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I get several "similar domain" for sale e-mails everyday. The similar domains being offered to me are almost always total junk. I can understand the convenience for domainers who send them out, but it sure is annoying to receive them.

Its not us or our software :laugh:, we limit emails for users to 300/day so this forces them to pick quality leads or offer quality domains. The bulk of the emails you get will be from intrust/huge domains ect they do the mass email blast gig they must send out 100.000-s per day.

We have put in lots of effort to blacklist other domain investors email addresses so that our system does not send offers to people who would not be good end customers but just re-sellers.

Some time ago, I used Estibot lead generation service, but no results. I cancelled after one month. I have not tried Domainero.

It really depends on how you use the tools. Let me give you an example of how we use our own tool:

-Whether we are picking up free to reg or dropping domains or picking a domain up from the after-market, we always research the potential leads before making a purchase. If you are not using Domainero to buy as well as sell domains, then you are not using it to its full potential.

-We use the tool like one would use an excavator, we understand that there will be lots of "dirt" along with the gold and that filtration is necessary. We understand that manual filtration is a part of the job, just like sluicing gold in a pan. Some leads will not have contact info listed but are good leads and worth adding to the mailing queue. Some leads are plain crap and you will get them whether you do manual or automatic search ect. ----> the point: automatic+manual gives better results than just one or the other.

-We take in to account that 75% of all leads are not ready to buy at that particular moment in time for whatever reason. We understand that 3/4 of our offers will not even be opened in the first run. Just sending out one email and writing the lead off is like leaving money on the table. I am not saying we bomb the lead until they buy :D we wait for a few months and make another offer, and most of the time it works. If not we lower the price and offer again after a few months, this works even more.

-We do at least 10 domains/day to have 1-2 sales/day. Some sales will be from the first email. Some will be from emails sent out months ago. Some buyers will buy on the original price, some will buy at a discounted price. Some we extracted/contacted automatically, some manually. The more domains you have the more sales, but it takes lots of discipline and research to have a good portfolio and it needs time to build up in to a decent business.

The number one mistake people make with our tool is to use it on a few domains, not get results from a few emails and throw in the towel. Its like taking an excavator to a plot of land, digging a small hole, sluicing a small amount of earth and quitting. Patience + consistency is key.

I've never tried Estibot lead gen so I'll be glad if anyone here could share his opinion compared with domainero.

We have tested our lead generator against Estibot and Zfbot our tool always gives more results. We have more lead types and we will introduce new ones soon. Not only according to our own opinion but also our customers who have tried both or all.

Kind regards,
The Domainero Team

•••
So A couple people asked how it works. Here is my review to date. First, recognize this is a pay service and you are paying for convenience. There is nothing they give you that you couldn't find yourself, if you wanted to do the work.

To start you enter a domain that you want to start an email campaign for. The system will then find similarly named domains, as well as sites that by click advertising for the same words. This is very reminiscent of what Estibot does on their "lead finder".

Once you have your list you have two filters you can run. The first is to identify those domains that appear to be parked. This isn't perfect, but its certainly good enough and is a tremendous time saver. The other filter is to pull emails for the domains. You can select all or individually. The emails are pulled right from WHOIS records.

Once you have your list with emails and parked domains removed, you can start an email campaign. You can preconfigure templates to use. The mailing is very simple, just a click of a button. I THINK I saw somewhere that you are limited to 300 emails/day, but that may be wrong.

I have sent only one campaign today, but have two more ready to go. I'll likely send them in the morning. My first was really just to see it work as i think sending the day after a three day weekend is a bad time to send.

I did have one problem, but the support was really quick and they got right on the issue. It was resolved very quickly and that counts for a lot to me.

So far no sales, but I have got responses so i know the emails did go out.

It is kind of pricey at $50/month, but on the other hand it saves a considerable amount of time. Obviously if it leads to one sale it was worthwhile.

My concerns are that they only get emails from WHOIS and not necessarily decision makers. So it is not a replacement for seeking out C suite executives as you would for high end names. But it is adequate for mid level domains.

I am also concerned that as they grow they start to get shut down as spammers.

•••
Well, I tried out their top plan for $50 / month only for 1 month.

The email templating is a good tool there but as of now, they simply scrape WHOIS emails, most of which are useless and their servers are increasingly being marked as SPAM. So, the mails mostly end up where they shouldn't: in SPAM folder. I ran campaigns on some 5-7 domains when they debuted but I didn't hear back from anyone.

Domainero have an account here: @Domain Lead Finder

I guess they should allow you to add your own contacts per campaign and earmark separate mail servers for these kind of mails. That way the emails stay personalized and the mails are delivered in the inbox.

But, it's still good for finding leads and their WHOIS for someone who doesn't want to waste much time doing it on google.

•••
Anyone tried both Domainero and Estibot and can give an objective comparison between the 2 services?

•••
Some time ago, I used Estibot lead generation service, but no results. I cancelled after one month. I have not tried Domainero.

In my case, one by one manual targeted contact has worked fine. Bulk emailing to sell domains is not effective. Again, this is my opinion, based on my experience. Others may have a different view and I am not bashing Domainero, since I don't know their service.

•••
i give a try too weeks ago and i've to say that this is my first lead generation tool i've ever tried.
Some result they provide is cool but i'm not satisfied. If you go manual you do better also if it is more time consuming. We also have to remember to focus on very few targetted prospect and personalize each email we sent, otherwise is SPAMMING!.
However the site look very cool and the support too, at the moment i'll keep it as one of my tools because it has free features so it is better than nothing :)
I'd like to try other competitors before to come to a conclusion, i've heard very well about estibot lead gen tool.

•••
i have tried it out too and thought it was pretty good to be fair - certainly in terms of saving you time doing all the work manually yourself. have to admit have had no sales from it as yet but only done a couple of runs with it on two different domains

•••
My concerns are that they only get emails from WHOIS and not necessarily decision makers. So it is not a replacement for seeking out C suite executives as you would for high end names. But it is adequate for mid level domains.
I am also concerned that as they grow they start to get shut down as spammers.

Hello,

There is a function for you to insert the contact information manually for any lead that you wish, we know that WHOIS info is not always accurate or does not sometimes (especially for big business) contain decision makers contact info. On the other hand most domain sales are not to big businesses, but to small ones so the WHOIS is more relevant. We suggest doing automatic + manual searches and evaluation. Domainero is a good excavator but work is still needed.

As for email deliverability, we monitor our IPs constantly and being that we limited the emails to 300/day/user its not a problem to maintain. We will be adding options to monitor open rates and clicks, but speaking from personal experience, domain emails generally have low deliverability and open rates even with manual sending.

Our own statistics for manual sending were a 30% open rate and 2% click through rate (we sent a link to the domain name where our "FSOB" page was.

We tested with reputable email services (yes we broke their TOS but not for profit but for a few days test) and we got pretty much the same results.

We will add the option to use separate mail servers in combination with our own to increase deliverability even more.

Btw version 2.1 is out, check out the new options and let us know if you have any requests for new features, we will be coming out with version 3.0 soon.

Kind regards,
The Domainero Team.

•••
Guys, the only one wish...
Please STOP spamming me and other domainers...
If you can't live without outbound - offer your domains to endusers only!

Last edited:
•••
I only tried the free functions. I havent in awhile, but it seems to be a pretty good tool I was planning on revisiting. I think they have made some improvements since I last tried it.

•••
I hadn't heard about it until your post @cocaseco.. Cool looking website though. Keep us updated because I would consider giving them a try. Will wait to hear how your results are first, though! :)

•••
"Our own statistics for manual sending were a 30% open rate and 2% click through rate (we sent a link to the domain name where our "FSOB" page was."

on this stat you reference? what do you mean by manual sending- are these what you get without domainero? - or what your daying you get with domainero and "manual sending"

thanks

page

Hello,

The stats are from only manual sending to only. I was trying to point out that delivery and open rates are not what people expect them to be. Doing both manual and automatic will get you better results, as with any follow up.

•••
ON CNBC now Disney makes major investment in VIRTUAL REALITY

just saw the tease

•••
•••
estibot (which i thought was a domain value appraisal tool) and domainero (which i thought was sales lead finder). could be wrong though sorry
Estibot mainly is what you say but it include a lot of other tools. One of this tool is a lead generation toll, the same service offered by Domainer, although they may do this in different manner.
I've never tried Estibot lead gen so I'll be glad if anyone here could share his opinion compared with domainero.

•••
I get several "similar domain" for sale e-mails everyday. The similar domains being offered to me are almost always total junk. I can understand the convenience for domainers who send them out, but it sure is annoying to receive them.

•••
Guys, the only one wish...
Please STOP spamming me and other domainers...
If you can't live without outbound - offer your domains to endusers only!

I get spam all the time. Might be freelancers or this Domainero.

I will say this about the spam. It's useful because they always pitch domains that are similar to mines that are about to expire and they want to do last ditch effort to sell it.

Good heads up for us. Just make a note and see if it drops and just handreg later. Lol

•••
V2.1 is very nice, good additions.

•••
i'd like to read the page on the official blog about the new updates..
i find this link on the mail i received from them and in the blog but the page do not resolve for me:
http://blog.domainero.com/domainero-v2-1-is-out/

am i the only one?

•••
Hello,

You can go to our website and there is a link to our blog. It works fine for us, but if anybody else is having problem viewing the link we would appreciate if you would let us know.

Kind regards,
The Domainero Team

•••
Hello,

You can go to our website and there is a link to our blog. It works fine for us, but if anybody else is having problem viewing the link we would appreciate if you would let us know.

Kind regards,
The Domainero Team
yeah i went also to your blog but i still have the same issue.
However i can open others articles..

•••
i might have missed something but don't they offer two totally different services?

•••
•••
"Our own statistics for manual sending were a 30% open rate and 2% click through rate (we sent a link to the domain name where our "FSOB" page was."

on this stat you reference? what do you mean by manual sending- are these what you get without domainero? - or what your daying you get with domainero and "manual sending"

thanks

page

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back