Dynadot

Anyone tried Build A Niche Store (BANS) for eBay instead of Parking ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
http://www.buildanichestore.com/

I like the concept b/c it is not dependent on Google or Yahoo for success, otherwise I would probably heap it in with all the other MFA programs out there now. This is based mainly on ebay

Has anyone tried this yet? It builds a store for eBay, plus you can add content and adsense, etc... It seems it would be a good solution on carefully chosen domains. On some domains, I can't see it working at all since they don't fit in tightly with any eBay auctions, but others are a perfect match. Many sites look good and surprisingly seem to give some real value to the surfer unlike the millions of crappy automated MFA sites.

Here are some examples I found:

http://www.turboguides.com/
http://www.usgoldcoinauctions.com/
http://www.homegrownsushi.com/

And, after doing a little research it appears many folks are making money doing this. How much? It is hard to say since the info. out there seems limited since not everyone wants to disclose their income, but a few have showed their earnings on various sites and blogs. I could see this working, but all of the working sites I have seen are based on really lame domains.

I just wonder if anyone has tried it on a great generic domain yet, or an expired domain with big traffic, and what were the results - especially compared to parking?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
bondjpf said:
Hi Seabass, to know items sold you need to go to Transaction Download and dowbload the txt or excel file .
Then you just copy the number after the Date Hour (12 digits) and insert it on the search box at ebay. It will tell you the item sold.
This is important so that you can identify which items are being bought and to plan for new stores based on those items. Some times a guy comes to my auto store and ends up buying a diamond...
I'm really glad you're making money. Keep it going B-)

As for the links, you just need to go to the ADS section and insert the links where you choose fit.
Wow.... your right about customers buying things unrelated to the domain. So far I have sold in the last two weeks on one niche fishing domain: a lithium battery, a heavy duty garden cart, a a kid's tennis racket, and a stereo system in addition to the targeted items sold. Who'd of thought. :)

•••
Are you guys seeing much search engine traffic? I sure am. No sales so far, but I've seen a 300% traffic increase on average on my bans sites. This is due to search engines. Hope this trend continues!

•••
Do you need to purchase it for $97? Or can you do it on your own? I'm sure its way easier to buy it tho..

•••
Trickac14 said:
Do you need to purchase it for $97? Or can you do it on your own? I'm sure its way easier to buy it tho..

You don't need to buy it to have ebay products on your site. But it's far easier to just buy it and do it all automatic than having to code your site.
And remember you can create as many sites as you wish with that $97 licence.

Seabass said:
Wow.... your right about customers buying things unrelated to the domain. So far I have sold in the last two weeks on one niche fishing domain: a lithium battery, a heavy duty garden cart, a a kid's tennis racket, and a stereo system in addition to the targeted items sold. Who'd of thought. :)
Nice to see you are making sales. Congrats.
Yes its nice to get those sales all unrelated. This proves the system works.
Keep it going.

Ben42 said:
Are you guys seeing much search engine traffic? I sure am. No sales so far, but I've seen a 300% traffic increase on average on my bans sites. This is due to search engines. Hope this trend continues!

I've seen it in a few sites. So far this month is going to be like May or better if this trend continues.
Do you have bids already?

•••
Hi guys and girls :)
Just received my EPN payment, what a nice feeling.
How are you doing this month??

•••
bondjpf said:
Hi guys and girls :)
Just received my EPN payment, what a nice feeling.
How are you doing this month??

Hey bondjpf when did you launched your BANS store? About how many stores do you have as of now and much profit did you make this month I hope you don't mind me asking (PM me is you don't want to disclose the figure). Also is your dot info performing as good as your dot com/net?

Smiler :D

•••
Smiler said:
Hey bondjpf when did you launched your BANS store? About how many stores do you have as of now and much profit did you make this month I hope you don't mind me asking (PM me is you don't want to disclose the figure). Also is your dot info performing as good as your dot com/net?

Smiler :D

PM sent.

•••
Can I reiterate Smiler's questions re. .info v .com ? Do .infos do as well with BANS as .coms ? Particuarly as there was some talk of Google de-indexing .infos

•••
Hey bondjpf, I have not received my EPN payment yet. Not sure why. Maybe too soon?

My bids have stopped for now, but strangely I got a couple of the ACRU's without any bids - so that is still $50 this week on one small domain.

This method so far is definitely 100% more income than parking was producing. I just need to test on a bigger sample of sites to get a better picture, but it sure looks promising. :bingo:

I'm getting ready to make a big run on this soon to try this in depth

•••
advaita said:
Can I reiterate Smiler's questions re. .info v .com ? Do .infos do as well with BANS as .coms ? Particuarly as there was some talk of Google de-indexing .infos

Google has deindexed some .infos in the end of April, early May. They've deindexed low and high pr sites. As far as i know they're testing their algorithm so some sites will be deindexed even if they have content and high pr.
As far as .info vs .com , they perform equally (to my knowledge).
Don't forget that google isn't the only one out there...
I get in some sites better traffic from yahoo than google and still make sales (.infos or .coms)...

•••
I just picked up BabiesToys(dot)net on TDNAM the other day and was going to put up an ecommerce site but i am not to experieced in the commerce section of "minisite" building. So i was thinking of trying this instead. Is there a free version that i can try out?

•••
•••
advaita said:
There's a guy who has created a template for blogger which is optmized for Ebay - you just need to create a free blogger acccount then re-direct your blog to your .net name - http://optempo.com/2008/04/06/blogger-template-for-ebay-sniplets/ I don't know how successful it is but I have set up one blog site using it - http://designerlabels.blogspot.com/

Thanks but the look to me is just to sloppy for that.

Anyways, how much of the traffic converts for you guys? How soon do you see a good amount of traffic on most domains?

•••
Tivo said:
Thanks but the look to me is just to sloppy for that.

Anyways, how much of the traffic converts for you guys? How soon do you see a good amount of traffic on most domains?

My EPC is from $.50 to $140.00. Optimized sites get higher EPC...
Each niche is different...
Traffic will depend on your niche and your keywords, also there's more out there than google...

•••
My goodness.... oh dear........ strange items bought. :red: :-/

Someone came in on a fly fishing domain I started using using BANS and bought a bra.

Ok... so it's a bra.... but not just any bra, it's a 46 DD bra for a big busted woman. Woman? It's scary..... but could this have been a transvestite fly fisherman? :lol:

He/She also bought five dresses and a Coach purse. You know those purses that all the women want right now. My wife has one.

Also sold in the last two days on the same site were a fishing lure clip for marlin fishing, a face-cleansing solution for oily skin, a MegaBass fishing lure that goes for about $18.

Strangley almost nothing related to Fly-Fishing has been sold yet. That's really strange seeing as how fly-fisherman are devoted to the sport and one would think they would not stray far from that niche - except for the wildcard transvestite fly-fisherman. :|

•••
Fishermans have large women :)
I'm really glad your're making money.
It's very nice to see what they end up buying, this gives you some new niches to explore...
Regards

Seabass said:
My goodness.... oh dear........ strange items bought. :red: :-/

Someone came in on a fly fishing domain I started using using BANS and bought a bra.

Ok... so it's a bra.... but not just any bra, it's a 46 DD bra for a big busted woman. Woman? It's scary..... but could this have been a transvestite fly fisherman? :lol:

He/She also bought five dresses and a Coach purse. You know those purses that all the women want right now. My wife has one.

Also sold in the last two days on the same site were a fishing lure clip for marlin fishing, a face-cleansing solution for oily skin, a MegaBass fishing lure that goes for about $18.

Strangley almost nothing related to Fly-Fishing has been sold yet. That's really strange seeing as how fly-fisherman are devoted to the sport and one would think they would not stray far from that niche - except for the wildcard transvestite fly-fisherman. :|

•••
•••
What hosting do you use for BANS?

Guys,

what hosting do you recommend for the BANS websites you've built?

A.

•••
anteck said:
Guys,

what hosting do you recommend for the BANS websites you've built?

A.

I use hostgator.
Don't use godaddy, you'll get all sorts of problems.

Last edited:
•••
No need for the affiliate link :rolleyes:

•••
Basement said:
No need for the affiliate link :rolleyes:

Sorry, i'm used to do it...
Corrected now :)

•••
Yah ....
i use Bans to get my domain index and i get more payment from Adsense then ebay .... (ebay don't support my country sign up) ... :)

USD 97 ??? worth it, the return much more better then any park domain ...

•••
Just sold two more items on same site:

$115 collectors knife and a surf rod.

This is definitely turning out to be 100% increase over when the domain was parked. I had a slow period there but in the last days it has been hot.

BTW, how are you guys measuring traffic - third party, in-house server? I have not tackled that yet. I want to see if I am getting SE traffic.

Thanks. :)

•••
I second using Host Gator. A re-seller account is best so you can setup each store on it's own account. But if the price is too steep start with baby croc. $7.95 per month for unlimited domains (add-on's to the one main domain sharing resources like disk space and BW).

•••
I've been using the free Phpbay lite for wordpress with some decent results. I have made some money already and I am getting clicks everyday. I also use Godaddy (shared hosting) with no problems. Godaddy (maybe hostgator does too?) will automaticly setup and configure a wordpress blog. Makes it very easy and quick. This week I'll be setting up a few more sites.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back