Dynadot

.mobi Anyone see .mobi losing in the long run?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
For some reason i see mobiles getting to the extent where they will be able to view .com's as easy as .mobi, then what happens? This is one of the major reasons im skeptical about buying .mobi for longterm.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
screens will always be small on mobile devices so it will never be able to display something like a computer can.

•••
•••
binaryman said:
Well look at this new Dutch invention
http://phonifier.com/faq.php
Copied from that link you posted:
"WHY did you develop PHONifier?

Ever tried to surf the web on your mobile device? Ever noticed how webdevelopers hardly seem to care you´re visiting their webpages on a mobile device."

That's exactly why .mobi was released. Hmmm...between .mobi (backed by Google, Microsoft, Samgung, Nokia, etc.) and Phonifier (backed by some unknown dutch company), I wonder who will win...

.mobi is here to stay, the big backers are going to make sure of it. That's all the confidence you need.

•••
since .mobi came out ...and I got some domains...I now am noticing commercials and ads for phones with advanced surfing features...do some research on the huge use of these in asian countries and start regging :)

•••
binaryman said:
Well look at this new Dutch invention
http://phonifier.com/faq.php

It converts the page to text.. But what happens when you have a forum? You know got a few hundred kbps of text on a 2" by 3" screen.. That won't work well.. We need CELL PHONE ONLY websites.

- Steve

•••
.mobi for the mini screen

.mobi is for the mini screen

I mentioned in another post,

some companies might want to keep their .com consistent and content the same for all people who access their site regardless of device to give all users the same experience.

Therefore the .mobi can be a mini version of their site/message for the mini screen via mobile phone.

With forums and tons of info to give out, some sites want to keep their .com consitently large even if the .com accessed by a mobile phone or any device.

The .mobi can serve these companies as a mini version of their site, so they can entice the large amounts of mobile device surfers the future will hold.

(I figured this out when trying to program for the .mobi site, there isn't much room! :)

Regards,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back