IT.COM

question Anyone familiar with "Domain Licensing" Online?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
A friend of mine recently started a business called Chaos Licensing that involves licensing products that he develops. After he explained his business model he asked if I "license" any of my domains. I told him I don't, but the idea sounded interesting.

Since a domain is intellectual property similar to a trademark, my lawyer says i can not only license domains online, but I can also license brands online and names on line.

What say you online?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Check out Venture . com. That seems to be their business, and they have some nice domains. (I have no connection to them.)

I just leased the domain for my city. The city itself uses the org. I leased the com from another domainer (not Venture). There's also an option to purchase. I don't want to lease the domain forever if the site is successful.

•••
Check out Venture . com. That seems to be their business, and they have some nice domains. (I have no connection to them.)

I just leased the domain for my city. The city itself uses the org. I leased the com from another domainer (not Venture). There's also an option to purchase. I don't want to lease the domain forever if the site is successful.
Thanks for your input....i know Venture, and they have a beautiful site/hype:xf.wink:. The city manager of my city, Virginia Beach, Va (population 500,000) didn't and still doesn't have a clue about the domain industry:xf.rolleyes:. Unlike many domainers, I'm neither a hoarder or a scalper like Verisign accused them of being. You're city is fortunate they have you(y)

I'm looking to make a huge impact on this industry, and "licensing" may help. My past sales experience giving "end users" the choice to either license the domain or buy it outright makes a lot of sense. Thanks again.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back