IT.COM

discuss Anyone buying election domains for 2020?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MitchH

Established Member
Impact
It's very difficult to predict who will win the primaries and then who will be the VP, but it looks like TrumpPence sold for over $18k back in 2016. If you're lucky, it could pay off big in the long run. It's basically a lottery ticket with each purchase. Has anyone hand reg'd election domains for 2020? Has anyone bought in the past for previous elections and sold any?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last year I almost bought a ton of .TV domains for all kinds of terms like : Vote2018.tv, Election2018.TV, Results2018.TV, etc
Most of the ideas were available, including 2020,2022 and 2024. I was going to bundle them and then outbound to TV networks or other media.

But then I asked myself why nobody else did this when .TV domains have been around for 20 years.

So I walked away from it......

•••
Good thought, but you're right the tdl wouldn't do well. Are the .com's taken for the ones your were looking to hand reg?

•••
I do have some experience in this niche. I would not recommend dabbling in this sector unless you are consulting.

Best to you!

•••
Total waste of money IMO. Not to mention legal aspect, which to me makes it a worthless endeavor.

•••
I do have some experience in this niche. I would not recommend dabbling in this sector unless you are consulting.

Best to you!

Do you mind sharing your experience?

•••
Total waste of money IMO. Not to mention legal aspect, which to me makes it a worthless endeavor.

Do you have experience? Just curious how you are coming to this conclusion. Thanks.

•••
•••
Yep,
I hand-regged elections-2020.com back in 2017.

•••
I purchased RegisterDemocrat.com, plus the .net and .org. The domain could be used by either Republicans or Democrats, depending on motive.

•••
I havn't registered a election domain but if worth I would like to purchase one :)

•••
Back