IT.COM

question Anyone bought a hand registered domain and sold it for 6 7 figures?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

inspiredme

Established Member
Impact
Anyone bought a hand registered domain and sold it for 6 7 figures?

I know it’s probably happened years ago but do you think it possible.

I think it’s still possible as new valuable terminologies are always coming out.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol im not comparing Amaala to Vegas, you mentioned Vegas . com which is why I mentioned Las Vegas . com sold for 90million in 2005
Yeah, my reference was to VegasTourism.com and FranceTourism.com selling.

Any exact match GEO has good potential in .COM.

Generally GEO + terms tend to top out around low $XX,XXX unless they are the true cream of the crop.

Brad

•••
Yeah, my reference was to VegasTourism.com and FranceTourism.com selling.

Any exact match GEO has good potential in .COM.

Generally GEO + terms tend to top out around low $XX,XXX unless they are the true cream of the crop.

Brad
ohh ok got you

•••

I think it’s still possible as new valuable terminologies are always coming out.
No but I’m going to. Not now though, during the next (crypto) bull run. Nobody’s in the mood right now to spend their crypto gains on domain names. But I think I can mint them as NFTs and sell them that way. Probably get more than if I were just selling the domain by itself

•••
99% of my domains are hand reg and selling pretty good.
Good to hear that you are able to sell most of your hand-reg domains. Can you please tell, in what range do you price them and what is the average hold time?
Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Every single sale that was sold for 6-7 figures unless resold.

•••
As noted, it depends in some cases on how hand registration is defined.

metaverse in .io was created Oct 2020 and sold March 2021 for $175k.

meta in .so was created April 2021 and sold for $149k in Oct 2021.

Probably many other examples but those are two recent ones that come to mind.

Bob

•••
Discrimination at its finest. Kind of comment that should be on some of those nutcase platforms Epik hosts
I wouldn't do business with the Saudis. They'll invite you to their embassy to discuss the deal, and then they'll torture you and chop you up in small pieces, Jamal Khashoggi style. It's a sick country run by a murderous dictator.

•••
Discrimination at its finest. Kind of comment that should be on some of those nutcase platforms Epik hosts
Oh the irony. Saudi Arabia is one of the absolute worst countries in the world when it comes to discrimination. They use slave labor from Pakistan, Bangladesh and India (they take their passports away among other things), women live under slave-like conditions without even basic human rights, and political opposition are imprisoned and even murdered (like Jamal Khashoggi). Truly a sick country.

•••
I think it's possible but it needs to be a short single word or an emerging trend. I've found value on the scrap heap but it's mostly domains worth 3-5 k people didn't hold long enough or got tired of sitting on.

•••
I think low 6 figures is probably the best case scenario for this situation. Still unlikely, I would be shocked if an obvious 6 or 7 figure domain made it to open market.

•••

yes I hand registered a dropped domain that sold in 2015 for at the time about $146.000 USD
but it needed 7 years for the right buyer to find it
my cost about 4.50 yer year ( .de )

so you better start today

•••
Generally just high quality single word .COM, LL.com, or the best of the best commercial terms in .COM (Real Estate / Car Insurance / Health Insurance / Credit Cards, etc.)

$1M+ public sales are rare. Obviously some change hands privately, but NameBio only shows 147 public sales in history of $1M+.

Brad
Could you elaborate on this? How do the private sales process differ from public ones?

•••
Could you elaborate on this? How do the private sales process differ from public ones?
Many of the largest domain sales are never reported. Sometimes they are discovered later via things like corporate SEC filings.

The reported sales in general are likely just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to total sales.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Can i ask why it is wildly unrealistic?

Someone said if it can sell for $10,000 it can sell for $50,000 and if it can sell for $50,000 it can sell for $100,000 and if it can sell for $100,000 it can sell for 1 mill, these wernt my words these were a domain investors words who has successfully sold mult million dollar domain names. Im not sure why its unrealistic if Vacationrentals.com sold for $35 million which is nowehere near only 2 million.

What makes it worth only $20,000 and not more?? what makes a million dollar domain a millions dollar domain and a $20,000 domain for that price?? also just because they sold for 20k doesnt mean they couldnt have possibly got more for it...

thats my own thoughts anyway....
I concur with your thoughts. I haven’t learned much but I have learned that in life. Just as a CEO of a company has to be able to count on the people around him it is similar, to me, as a domain name. With a good name and the right people I believe anything is possible. A domain name is good but the people and action around it to me is what has to make it great. Otherwise it is similar to me. Many ideas and not much success yet. If anyone is interested in helping me please send me a message. I have ideas for days but not the infrastructure or a circle to help build a team.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back