Dynadot

information Anyone advertise Domains/Brands for sale in publications?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
This am I met at Lynnhaven Coffee with SharonT the publisher of Bayfront Living aka BestVersionMedia(.)com. We had an incredible meeting talking about Publishing, Domaining and Branding when I asked if she knew of anyone who advertised domains or brands in any of her publications? She wasn't aware of anyone, but we're both going to pursue the idea.

Before leaving the coffee shop I met the owner Jackson Nash. I learned that he belongs to the Specialty Coffee Association of America, and I talked with him about possibly advertising domains/brands in any of the coffee house publications. I then proceeded to tell him that I already owned several pretty good names like SavortheBean, and when I got back to my office I registered BetheBrew (applicable to either coffee or beer). It's names like these that might be appealing to readers of a magazine just for coffee?

Anyone know of anyone advertising domains/names in magazine publications? It makes sense to me:xf.grin:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sometimes domainers (me included) focus to much on the business side and ROI and forget to have fun along the way.
I so agree with this sentiment!! For sure when investing major amounts be super cautious and research oriented, but I totally see a place in this business for some speculative dollars having fun. They might turn out, they might not, but if you are not passionate about what you are doing, why even be in domaining? I admire several things about @ThatNameGuy but his passion and enthusiasm is at the top of the list!
Don't get your expectations up though. Be reasonable and try to sell something at mid $xxx first.
I think this is superb advice in general. Don't try to go from hand-reg to 4 or 5 figures, or start a new business niche by finding a buyer at that price level. Find a sale at even low to mid $$$ in a new niche. It does not mean that all sales have to stay at that figure, but it is a start. And there is evidence that the potential buyer pool goes hugely up if you price at less than $500. The median .com sale is at about $300 for NameBio listed sales in recent years.

Bob

•••
I list for sale on instagram on a few accounts, and than I utilize the right hashtags to get unique exposure. My names are @domainnamesale @DomainSellers @trumpinvestigation @domainportfolio

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back