IT.COM

Anybody else watching the 'Undeveloped' Domain Hack auction?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Constantin S

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That is a pity about stopping the auctions, but if it is based on sound business principles then there is no other course of action open for your company.

Oh, and thanks for taking the time to explain the reasoning behind the registration process. :)

At some point we did invest resources to organize monthly auctions with success. Just to drive sales for our sellers. We also saw competitors moving towards a model where the seller had to pay for auctioning domains, even if the names didn't sell. So we wanted to provide an alternative that would remain "free" and only commission based. But we noticed that auctions aren't per se going to have a significant enough impact for us and our sellers and that the field is pretty developed. Hence the decision to shift our focus to more high impact items.

We might open source the code to allow others to take over where we left it as the platform is intuitive, modern and attractive.

Take care,
Reza

•••
Final 3 hours approaching...

•••
Lots appeared to still be reserve not met at my last check which was around 2 hours left. Was not bidding or selling myself this time, just watching for curiosity.

Now that it has ended, would hope @TheBaldOne and @Pierre Barnard (and anyone else who may have been bidding or selling) can share - if you have to wait a few days until deals are final, that is understood.

@Undeveloped - Will the results be reported, like to NameBio or elsewhere, at least for the successful sales?

•••
I haven't received any communication from @Undeveloped since the auction ended. Cannot see any of my names through the auction links either.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back