NamesCon2020

Any value on the .Zone TLD?

Labeled as question in gTLD Discussion started by Picorio, Sep 1, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Picorio

Picorio Established Member

Does the .zone TLD has any value at all?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. getchaname

getchaname Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Sure it has value. Not a lot of public domain sales, but it is young too. Are you asking because you are curious whether to invest in them or you have some and they aren't selling?

3. Picorio

Yes, I'm curious whether to invest on them. I just purchased realestate.zone with a renewal fee of $107.00. I also have dentist.zone and attorney.zone at the same renewal fee but I would like to hear from the experts with more experience than me about it's value on the market for future sales. I also love to see that there is a .zone search site in the health industry. It's health.zone. I like the idea as well. What do you think?
    Thank you in advance Getchaname!

4. getchaname

getchaname Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Those are good premium domains however if you are investing long-term and looking for end user sales could be quite a while before you see some kind of return. I do think they could all sell for decent prices, but 107 dollars annually per name for renewals is very expensive and would discourage many out of the game. I know some domainers do very well flipping premium priced ngtlds, but I feel like it hurts the overall market because flippers are eager to make a sale rather than get top dollar, it is a model to make money if you are good at it but, very hard cause you have to keep hustling.

I wish NameBio only reported end-user sales rather than all public sales over $100, this also hurts the market, there should be a system for end users and domainers.

It is a good domain, but all I see is a basic general search engine?!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  5. The Durfer

The Durfer Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

I think since its still young, and expensive renewal imo I would only go for hack names like:

end.zone
    red.zone

or letters and numbers:

1.zone
    x.zone

ty nice domains you have but I see you renewing them at least two years b4 you sell them..

6. Picorio

Thank you!

7. Picorio

Thank you!

8. manpreet

manpreet Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Agreed with @The Durfer its got good value in future if you can acquire and hold on to generic .zone domain names.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice