Dynadot

.tv Any .TV-ers here that live in these Spanish speaking Countries???

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I have a couple new ideas, and I need a little feedback before I move forward on either of them.
Are there any .TV-ers here from any of these Spanish speaking Countries?

If so, How widely used is .TV out there?

Europe
Spain - Madrid

Africa
Equatorial Guinea - Malabo

North America
Mexico - Mexico City

Central America
Guatemala - Guatemala City
Honduras - Tegucigalpa
El Salvador - San Salvador
Nicaragua - Managua
Costa Rica - San José
Panama - Panama City Carribean
Cuba - Havana
Dominican Republic - Santo Domingo
Puerto Rico - San Juan

South America
Venezuela - Caracas
Colombia - Bogotá
Ecuador - Quito
Peru - Lima
Bolivia - 2 Capitals
La Paz (Administrative)
Sucre (Constitutional)
Paraguay - Asunción
Chile - Santiago
Argentina - Buenos Aires
Uruguay - Montevideo

Thanx,
Vito.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I live in the US but given my portfolio I have marketed Spanish domains to various companies throughout the region. Generally speaking there is heavy usage of the local CCTLD though companies in Spain, Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia, Puerto Rico often opt for a .COM to have an international marketing presence. Sometimes I have seen usage of .Net in Spain (have sold a few .Nets to Spain) but actually rarely saw anything other than the CCTLD used in Argentina and Chile. Note that there are multiple variations of CCTLD extensions. There are some developers using .TV to get the brandable keyword/s they want but I have not yet seen much demand for .TV domains from companies in Spanish-speaking countries. These aren't large sites but I have developed Rutinas.tv, VestidosdeNovia.tv, Cachorros.tv, & Gatitos.tv Note that my largest sale ever was in February to a Colombian newspaper / editorial based in Bogotá (CarroYa.com)

•••
My wife is mexican and I visit mexico a lot to see her relatives. Outside of .com, and .com.mx, I would say I see .tv advertised now than any other extension, through the newspaper I look through down there. Also, San Diego has 3 major spanish newspapers, and I noticed more and more .tv advertisements as well.

Thanks, Jim

•••
For what it's worth,65% of the traffic on one of my spanish .tvs comes from Mexico.

•••
There have been many sales in spanish .tv over $100,000 but all have been NDA. Now when Bob sells Noticias.tv for $500,000 some day, I am sure he will disclose it and the "secret" will be out:)

•••
Great observations here so far.

Thank You all for sharing, as I have no other way to get this info except thru you.

Good or Bad News/observations...Any more?

Thx,
Vito.

•••
Demene.com is a spanish speaking domain forum where a lot of .tv sales, info, takes place the spanish market. I don't speak spanish well enough, but I am trying to get my wife who's first language is spanish to help me out there (it might take some jewelry, a cruise, new carpet for the house, telling her how "skinny she looks", after she put on 30 more pounds after the twins were born, tell my mother-in-law she can move in with us for that to happen:(

Anyways, that is the place to go, so if you know somebody who speaks/translate spanish they could pull some great info.

Last edited:
•••
Jim,
With all those offers you got coming in, your wife will be pleased. :)

Best,
A

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back