NameSilo

question Any thoughts on .ca domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have the opportunity to buy a load of .ca domains from someone, but I'm not sure...
Lots of 3 letters, many single word, some in French too...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is a pretty great discussion on this topic over at: (in fact we are the most active cc discussion on NamePros I think)

https://www.namepros.com/threads/dot-ca-discussion-and-showcase.491396/

The fact that you need a Canadian presence to own a .ca limits the potential market. That being said, trust and acceptance of .ca within Canada is really good, and imho CIRA do a great job of promoting the extension (well pretty great). It had among the highest growth of major cc extensions last couple of years.

You need to find a way to effectively market to Canadians though (and anti-spam legislation limit outbound). Probably very roughly a good .ca goes for a bit less than a comparable .com, but there are some much more expert than I over at the thread. I only hold about a dozen (among a 240 domain portfolio).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back