IT.COM

question Any suggestion for starting website for free?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Erikamadrizo

Impact
I want to start my business website for free. I found Site Web gratuit Suisse. Can anybody suggest a good platform?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
aws & oracle have free tier (for 1 year).

But you need to know how to setup a server.

If you can't do that, and you only aim to have a small website, go with hosting24.com or hobohost.com

or google for 'cheap shared hosting'.

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
I started out with free hosting and it was a nightmare. Besides constant spam from the company, they didnt use a proper cpanel and transfering the site to different hosting was horrific and they corrupted a clients email files (fortunately she was really nice about, but I was in bits). Never again. You get what you pay for.

I would recommend a free platform, like wordpress and then start on cheap paid hosting (with the prospect to move at a later date). Do not use a 'proprietary web site platform that you dont have a cpanel and cant export it, or you will be stuck with it forever.

•••
Upvote 0
Top 5 Free Website Builders :
1 - Wix for beginners
2 - Webflow for a WordPress alternative
3 - GetResponse for email-focused businesses
4 - Weebly for simple, no-fuss websites
5 - Square Online for building a scalable online store

•••
Upvote 0
Here are a few things to remember for creating a website for free.

First, choose a platform that offers the features and tools you need to create the site you envision. There are many website builders, but if you're looking for a most user-friendly platform with plenty of features, WordPress is a great option. In addition, wordPress is free to use and open-source.

Second, it is essential to find a reputable and secure web host.

Finally, if you want more control over your website, you must opt for a cheap shared hosting service.

•••
Upvote 0
OP is self promoting. Bunch of baloney.

Subsequent responses, though, are very helpful.

"You get what you pay for," absolutely.

•••
Upvote 0
I know its a bot account but a good solution is always 000webhost if you dont mind the speed.
but if you are thinking about making real money or have many sites/domains then any $5 shared host plan should do it (hostmonster, hostgator,namecheap, etc)

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back