Dynadot

question Any suggestion for starting website for free?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Erikamadrizo

Impact
I want to start my business website for free. I found Site Web gratuit Suisse. Can anybody suggest a good platform?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
OP is self promoting. Bunch of baloney.

Subsequent responses, though, are very helpful.

"You get what you pay for," absolutely.

•••
Upvote 0
Top 5 Free Website Builders :
1 - Wix for beginners
2 - Webflow for a WordPress alternative
3 - GetResponse for email-focused businesses
4 - Weebly for simple, no-fuss websites
5 - Square Online for building a scalable online store

•••
Upvote 0
aws & oracle have free tier (for 1 year).

But you need to know how to setup a server.

If you can't do that, and you only aim to have a small website, go with hosting24.com or hobohost.com

or google for 'cheap shared hosting'.

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
I started out with free hosting and it was a nightmare. Besides constant spam from the company, they didnt use a proper cpanel and transfering the site to different hosting was horrific and they corrupted a clients email files (fortunately she was really nice about, but I was in bits). Never again. You get what you pay for.

I would recommend a free platform, like wordpress and then start on cheap paid hosting (with the prospect to move at a later date). Do not use a 'proprietary web site platform that you dont have a cpanel and cant export it, or you will be stuck with it forever.

•••
Upvote 0
Here are a few things to remember for creating a website for free.

First, choose a platform that offers the features and tools you need to create the site you envision. There are many website builders, but if you're looking for a most user-friendly platform with plenty of features, WordPress is a great option. In addition, wordPress is free to use and open-source.

Second, it is essential to find a reputable and secure web host.

Finally, if you want more control over your website, you must opt for a cheap shared hosting service.

•••
Upvote 0
I know its a bot account but a good solution is always 000webhost if you dont mind the speed.
but if you are thinking about making real money or have many sites/domains then any $5 shared host plan should do it (hostmonster, hostgator,namecheap, etc)

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back