Dynadot

Any idea on Hostforweb.com VPS

NameSilo
Watch
Planning to purchase a VPS plan in hostforweb.com. (for a proxy site)
There plan reads

Free Set up
$39.95 per month
15GB Space
400GB Space
Unlimited Domains
Guaranteed 256+MB RAM

Had a talk with chat support agent, he confirmed they allow proxy hosting as far as it not misused or abused. He guaranteed a uptime of 99.5%, unlimited domains (pointing to different contents).

Do you guys have any advice on this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
krishmk said:
Planning to purchase a VPS plan in hostforweb.com. (for a proxy site)
There plan reads

Free Set up
$39.95 per month
15GB Space
400GB Space
Unlimited Domains
Guaranteed 256+MB RAM

Had a talk with chat support agent, he confirmed they allow proxy hosting as far as it not misused or abused. He guaranteed a uptime of 99.5%, unlimited domains (pointing to different contents).

Do you guys have any advice on this?

go with dream host

i like to use dreamhost.com they are a killer hosting company if you own a lot of domain names. they give you something like 200 gb of disk space and 2 tbs of data transfer every month and unlimited domain name hosting. you get a year of service for 66 bucks with promo code dreamdeal30

•••
If you want VPS, I would go for something like http://tera-byte.com as they have been in the hosting business for a long time and have reliability with good support.

I can't tell you personally what hostforweb.com VPS service is like because I've never tried them, but you can read some reviews at webhostingtalk.

•••
I actually own a VPS server on hostforweb.com, however I only host proxy topsites (2 of em, check my sig link) and they're super fast. I'm also planning on hosting a proxy site soon, confirmed it with live help and they allow it. I also asked if my there was a 30day back guarantee and they also confirmed it, so if you host a proxy website you are guaranteed to get a refund if they suspend you. Make sure you save the conscript from live help though.

If you planning on purchasing a VPS there, would you mind putting my username in the referral program? it's ' rezix ' You can locate it under, How Did You Find Out About Us? It'd be much appreciated, thanks!

Andrew!

•••
Thanks for your advice, I am not sure if dreamhost & tera-byte allows proxy sites. To start up I got a hosting plan from a member @ DP. If I happen to go with hostforweb, rezix I have ur name in my mind.

•••
I'm 100% positive that Dreamhost do not allow proxy websites. I used to run my proxy topsites on dreamhost, until they forced me to move it. And if you can't run a proxy topsite, there won't be any chance that you'll able to run a successful proxy website lol.

•••
I guess it nice offer. And if you like it why don't you want to try?

•••
Hello.
Try to google their domain name. In this case you will get some reviews of them

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back