IT.COM

question Any Good Paid domain advertising spots like Namebio & DNJournal?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello NP,
I stumbled on a thread on here mentioning Namebio. It's amazing what you come across on NP that was never on your radar.

Anyways on Namebios I saw a paid listing. I can imagine how many people see those listings? (perhaps someone can give me some stats on that too?)

I can see the potential of using such featured listings. any pros and cons besides the obvious payment?

does it work?

Anyways I can think of only NameBio and DNJournal. and of course Namepros.;)Anyone else know of any? either free or paid doesn't matter. Plus for the paid prices would help alot if you already know it off hand. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Shane has a featured listing product on DSAD.com, it costs $10 for a day. He has a lot of fans that read his auction picks daily, including myself, so it is a great value. I use that for all my auctions.

For our featured listings, we shorten all of the links through Bitly so you can add a + sign to the end of the URL and see how many clicks any listing is getting. It's generally 5 - 10 clicks a day, sometimes more, and in the past month we sent 4,256 clicks to featured listings. We're processing almost 15,000 searches per day from the home page so our traffic is solid.

Here are the stats for the Travel.Agency listing for example:

https://no_url_shorteners/216sGUP+

We have a lot of repeat customers so I think it is working well. Let me know if there's anything I can help with or if you have any other questions.

•••
Thanks! I see you work or ARE Namebio.com? yet you are mentioning Shane? that's cool and nice of you. I like namebio. any opinions on DNjournal? seeing as how you didn't mention it? not here to start a fight just want honest opinions. because I did see potential in DNJournal too. maybe for the old timer domainers eyes.

•••
Thanks! I see you work or ARE Namebio.com? yet you are mentioning Shane? that's cool and nice of you. I like namebio. any opinions on DNjournal? seeing as how you didn't mention it? not here to start a fight just want honest opinions. because I did see potential in DNJournal too. maybe for the old timer domainers eyes.
I run NameBio with another domain investor Adam Strong. Shane is technically a competitor I guess, but he does have a good product so I refer people there whenever I can. We have different audiences, although I'm sure there is some overlap, so if you have the budget it is worth promoting at both places.

Ours gets really cheap for multi-day listings because after the first day, each additional day is only $5 and there are further discounts at one week and one month. In that way your cost per click drops like a rock. But if I only had $10 to spend for a one-day listing, I think I would probably spend it at DSAD. Probably 90% of our purchases are for seven-day listings.

I didn't mention DNJ because I haven't personally used it or heard people talking about it. Ron has a lot of eyeballs and the listing is cheap, so I would assume it is a good value. My only hesitation would be that it isn't as noticeable. Shane's is within the actual content of his most popular article series, ours is plastered at the top of every page and high up in our Daily Market Report articles. But with Ron's I'm not even sure where the text ads go and don't recall ever noticing them. It could deliver a lot of clicks though, I really have no idea. If you try it please report back.

•••
lol now that was "polite" I like how you worded that! Good job! seee there's a nice way to comment and just blantantly bashing a competitor. I like your way better and this is why I'd consider checking out your service and so should everyone else just based on your posts here. I mean you are like that movie. Miracle on 34th Street where Santa Claus while working at Macy's was telling customers if they can't find it at Macy's for cheaper go to Gimbel's! lol classic move to instill trust and customer loyalty.

You'll here from me soon. Thanks again.

Anyone else want to add some good places Free or paid to advertise domain auction or listings?

•••
Here are the stats for the Travel.Agency listing for example:

https://no_url_shorteners/216sGUP+

We have a lot of repeat customers so I think it is working well. Let me know if there's anything I can help with or if you have any other questions.

Ah cool. I have 1 up now and I know I read you can ask for stats which was something I was interested in. But it looks like you can find out for yourself just replacing the id - https://no_url_shorteners/1UeHD8W+

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back