Domain Empire

question Any experience with Soxdomains? (For .WS domain names)

Spaceship
Watch
While I got rid of most of them (and even sold a few of them to end users, although not for high prices), I have a handful of .WS domain names that I want to keep for various reasons. Since prospects of selling them soon are low, I do not want to spend too much money on renewing them. But most registrars that sold .WS domain names at cheap prices have raised their rates over the past year. Some have kept low registration rates, but renewal rates are higher.

There are a few with cheaper rates. Among them, there is Serverplan in Italy (€ 13.33 for transfers and renewals of .WS domain names), but the process is cumbersome, somewhat slow, and the dashboard not very convenient (for instance, they do not show the real expiration date, for a transferred domain, but only the period you have paid to them: is you have a domain with still six months left at the time of transfer, those six months won't show, although they are obviously showing in any Whois search - strange way of doing, but they claim there is no need for anything different...). However, I should say that their support is quite fast and helpful during office hours: certainly a reliable company, but they should update their dashboard and procedures before I would consider them for more domain names.

In the meantime, I have found another one, even cheaper, US-based: Soxdomains.com, $ 12.99 for transfers or renewals of .WS domain names.

I was just curious to know if anybody had any experience with them (good or bad)? I do not intend to entrust them with very valuable domain names, but still I prefer to make sure that they are a registrar with a good reputation.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back