IT.COM

advice Any better re-seller programs than Godaddy?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I want to know if they are any better reseller programs out there other than Godaddy?
And with better storefront options?

I have a base of people who always ask me to register domain names for them and set up their blogs...usually through wordpress. I realize I should obviously take advantage of this to get affiliate commissions and right now... even let them use my own reseller regstrar.
I recently signed up for the godaddy reseller program, mostly because I'm very familiar with Godaddy's user interface and can help friends myself if needed. Strangers who sign up can be helped by Godaddy 24/7 white hat support.

cons:
  • Your branded url (storefront) changes to secureserver.net as soon as you click any tab. basically the whole user experience is with secure server. It makes no sense. At checkout...it's more acceptable,but every tab you click changes the url.
  • Also their storefront is very basic? Who will take it seriously? Are there any resellers who found success using this basic template?
  • My Personal contacts don't like Godaddy because of their half naked ads. So when they ask me where to register domains i can't even let them use my reseller site unless i tell them it's connected to Godaddy. Otherwise there is a friendship and moral issue. Unless i don't mention Godaddy at all and just say i have a site.
Pros:

• Godaddy now offers a wordpress plugin that should let you customize your site from scratch, but i think you need coding skills to make this actually look professional and beautiful or have cash to pay a coder.. It also eliminates most of the secure server urls..until checkout i think, based on the examples i have seen.

Other reseller programs:

So far I don't see any other good ones, because they fail in important things. Some don't handle payments for you, some don't handle customers for you because they are "private label", and I am not familiar with their platform so if a friend registers a domain on my website, i cant help them easily like i would if i used godaddy reseller site.

Any advice or suggestions??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Enom have a program that is very similar to GoDaddy's in that they will create and host a site for you. You just set the prices that you want to sell domains for and the difference between that and their wholesale price is your commission.

Depending on the quantity you expect to sell, you could build your own site, accept payments yourself (shop around for a good payment processor - PayPal will kill your margin) and use a registrar's API to do the registration, DNS updates etc. It would take some upfront investment but you'd get a much wider choice of registrars. You'd also be less tied in to the registrar.

If you go down this route, GoDaddy's API (last time I checked) annoyingly does everything except changing a domain's nameservers.

There are various software packages, the best known being WHMCS, that will give you an online order process and integration with a lot of registrars off the shelf.

•••
yeah, enom has good reseller program

i've had one for years and earned some decent commissions in the past

here's a peek at my free registrar site they offer

www.dombuy.com

imo...

•••
yeah, enom has good reseller program

i've had one for years and earned some decent commissions in the past

here's a peek at my free registrar site they offer

www.dombuy.com

imo...
I'm not feeling that design to be honest. Godaddy's simple design is far better. I would even consider using it if it wasnt for the secure server url...

•••
Anyone knows if Godaddy fixed the secureserver.net issue?

You can't call this white label or your own storefront if it's showing Godaddy's own url???? makes no sense...

Is their a way around this?
Wasn't there some wordpress solution back in the days?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back